A Teary Day Part 1

I woke up in the middle of the night by the sound of a crying scream. I looked to my right and saw Aria breathing very heavy and crying for help. She was having a nightmare. I shook her and called her name trying to wake her from the horrible dream she was having. It took around 5 minutes for her to finally wake up. She saw me and started to cry drapping her arms around me. I put mine around her and rubbed her head. I whispered into her ear "Shhh. It's okay. You are safe now. Everything is alright. It was only a bad dream. You are going to be just fine." I closed my eyes and hoped for her sobs to stop and her to calm down. It took her time but she was finally able to speak.

"I'm sorry." she muttered.

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong."

"For not believing you."

"Aria, you didn't know."

"But the thing is, I did. I did know I just didn't want to believe it."

"He is a jerk and what he did was wrong. But for now you should try and go to sleep. You have had a rough night."

A tear formed in the corner of her eye, the thought of it was to much. She laid her head down on my chest and I combed my fingers through her soft, silky hair. She put one arm across my waist and then started to say something. 

"Josh?"

"Yes?"

"I am a really lucky girl to have you as my friend. Please don't ever leave me?"

"I will never leave you. I promise." I held her tight and didn't let her go until her sobs started to soften. She released me and I handed her some tissues. "Do you want some breakfast?" She nodded her head. We headed downstairs and she sat on the couch while I headed into the kitchen. The only thoughts that went through my head was last night. When I saw her sitting in the shower crying, it caused my heart to break. My eyes softened as i gazed into the living room, where she was sitting on the couch. I was shaken out of my gaze when I heard the oven go off. I decided to make cinnamon rolls because I knew those are her favorite. I slid them into the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes. I walked into the living room and she was crouched up on the couch snuggling with a pillow. I sat down next to her and it was complete silence. I didn't know what to say and I don't think she had anything to say but I was wrong.

"Josh?" She asked quietly, looking up to me.

"Yes?"

"What- Why- How come-" It was clear that she was having difficulty getting her question out. "Why do I do this? Why do I always do this to myself?"

"What do you mean? Do what to yourself?"

"Why I always go for the jackass, airheads. Everything always ends up a big... mess."

"Aria, please you can't blame yourself for what happened. He is a jerk and you are amazing. You can't let him get into your head and think that it was you fault."

"If I had only listened to you. If I had only-"

I cut her off. "You can not blame yourself. Please, Aria, you liked him because he said the words you wanted to hear and you got masked by your feelings and you didn't know who he really was. You are not to blame."

"Josh, I can't believe how nice and sweet you are. How are you a single guy? Any girl would be lucky to be with you. I am so lucky to have you." She smiled to me. That was the first time I saw her smile since last night. I was about to say something when the timer on the oven went off. "What did you make?"

"Your favorite. Cinnamon rolls. I am going to go get those before they burn." She nodded and I headed towards the kitchen. I gave her a plate that had 2 and had a plate for myself. "Do you want some milk?" She nodded her head stuffing her food in her mouth. We had finished eating and I cleaned up the kitchen. Aria went back to her seat on the couch and stared out the window. I came in and sat next to her rubbing her back. "You okay?"