Chapter 3

RPOV
"Adelai, let's show Daddy what you can do. Don't hold back." I moved into the middle of the gym. "You know the rules. Three. Two. One." It was intense- it always was fighting my daughter. Intense and fast was always how a fight with Adelai went. She had me pinned within a couple of minutes.

"Dead!" my daughter declared after slamming her fist precisely over my heart. That girl never missed. "Sorry Mom." She kissed my cheek then pulled me up.
"Don't be baby. I'm proud of you." I hugged her.
"Roza. You didn't let her win did you?" Dimitri asked as I walked over to where he was standing.

"You try doing better!" I laughed, "You're in for a reality check. Comrade- remember how many kills she's made and everything else I've told you."

A minute later: "Dead!" My daughter had 'killed' her dad and his ego.
I laughed. "Good girl Adelai!" I whopped. "Told you comrade!" She pulled him up and gave him a consolation hug he returned. "Sorry Dad but Mom did warn you! You shoulda listened to her!" She laughed. She had some of my attitude.
"Roza! You didn't tell me she knew my tricks, or that she was that fast!" He whinged.
"I told you I trained her as you did me- therefore she knows your tricks. I also told you she almost puts Strigoi to shame. You clearly didn't listen Comrade" I laughed.

"Rose. Humour me. How about a fight for old times sake? Show our daughter why her parents are renowned guardians?"
"Sure thing. Adelai you might want to move, and pay close attention." I swapped into her spot in front of Dimitri.
"Sure Mom. This'll be interesting. I think you may just kick Dad's ass. You're faster thanks to fighting me." She moved a safe distance away.

"Like your going to beat me Roza. It was a rarity way back when."
"Oh comrade. You still don't get how a child can change you." Eight minutes later and I had him pinned. "Dead!". I pulled him up just to spare Adelai the sight of her parents reliving their youth. "We did warn you."

"That's the fastest you've ever pinned me." He kissed my cheek.
"There is a child in the room Dimitri," I sternly reminded him.
"Yeah Dad. I really don't want to see you two relive your glory days."

"Come on you two, why don't I show you your guest housing?" He turned to me, "Liss pulled some strings so you're in Palace Housing".
"What?!" I squeaked.
"She wouldn't have her best friend and bond mate anywhere else."
"Normal Guest Housing would have sufficed."
"Not according to her. She has a surprise for you."
"You know I hate knowing there's a surprise waiting for me."
"Come on." He put his arm around my waist and I snuggled into him. How I'd missed him. We fit together perfectly just like a jigsaw. "Adelai." He called her over and she took his free hand. We walked out of the gym as a family. It was going to create a massive controversy.

The stares and comments started immediately.