T W E N T Y T H R E E | ' the Triskelion '

. . . SILVER FOX . . .  

Silver Fox was in the head office of the Triskelion, masterfully disguised as Councilwoman Hawley of the World Security Council with the aid of a Nano mask and throat mic. She nursed a flute of champagne as Pierce gave his final address, minutes before the launch of Project Insight.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful." He said, raising his glass in a toast to their success. As Silver took a small sip, an announcement blared through the building and she bit back her smirk. Rogers. Right on time.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

As he finished speaking the room went deathly silent and Pierce quietly put his drink down on the table behind him, a sour look taking over his face.

"You smug son of a bitch." One of the councilmen said.

"Arrest him." Councilman Singh said to the two HYDRA agents that had walked into the room, under the assumption they were SHIELD instead. One of the men aimed his weapon at the councilman, taking a step forwards.

"I guess I've got the floor."

Silver rocked back and forth in her heels, forcing herself to wait as the sound of gunfire boomed from outside. Through the windows they could all see the chaos caused by Sam and Rogers trying to stop the Helicarriers from launching. Pierce shook his head with a sigh and turned towards Singh.

"Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution?" He took a brief pause, handing him another drink and looking around, "And you could just stop it with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" He asked, eyes dancing over the other council members. Silver wished she could put a bullet though this head but she had to wait, they needed him for now.

"Not if it was your switch." Singh said, tossing the glass aside where it cracked against a wall.

Pierce chucked softly, his friendly facade dropping as he held a hand out towards the agent on his right and was swiftly handed a gun. He directed the weapon towards Singh, prompting Silver to burst into action. She kicked the councilman away from the line of fire, holding Pierce's gun away from her as she struck him in the face then hurled a taser towards an oncoming agent. Twisting Pierce's arm back, she tore the weapon from his grip and threw it at the other guard before applying a series of kicks to his knees and head until she was certain he was unconscious. Thrusting an elbow into the agent approaching her from behind, she jabbed him in the throat, flipping him onto his back. As his head thudded against the ground and eyes fell closed, she snatched his pistol from its holster, pointing it at Pierce before he could move.

"So," She said, discarding the Nano mask and switching off her mic, "Did you miss me?"

He stared at her, lips parted in shock, "Silver."

Weapon trained on him, Silver made her way up to the podium at the front of the room.

"What are you doing?" Rockwell asked as she began tapping away at a nearby monitor.

"She's disabling security protocols and dumping all your secrets onto the Internet." Pierce answered for her, and the councilman seemed shaken but didn't say a word.

"That includes HYDRA's." She added.

"Which includes yours. You know if you do this, none of your past will remain hidden. Are you sure you're ready for the world to know what you are?"

"You first." She said, eyeing him in distaste.

Pierce began laughing and she looked back up, one hand hovering over the gun,

"What?"

"Look at you," He shook his head, chuckling, "You think one good deed will wash away all the blood on your hands? That much red never goes away, Silver. Your legacy will always be death and destruction, no matter what Captain Rogers tells you. He needs you now but the second he doesn't, he'll treat you the same way we did."

She ignored him without a word, no snarky remark coming to mind when she realised how right he could be.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order, it takes two alpha level members." He added, hungry for a reaction.

"Don't worry, company's coming."