8; Aftermath

"Midoriya!" I shouted, finding him standing with a bruised and broken arm in front of Bakugo. His faced was scrunched up in pain as tears flowed freely down his face. I rushed past the blonde, purposefully shoving into him as I rushed to my teammate's side.

That asshole...

"Are you okay?!" I spoke hurriedly, gently examining his arm and his other various burns and scrapes. He collapsed onto the floor, wheezing quietly as his body thudded.

"Yea- hng!" He flinched violently, clutching his stomach as he coughed up a small amount of blood. He chuckled breathily, "just a little bruised..."

"Stupid," I muttered, "stupid, stupid, stupid."

"Young Bakugo, Young (y/n)," All Might's voice came from behind me, but I hardly noticed it as I wiped blood off of Midoriya's face with my sleeve, careful not to put him in any more pain. I did not turn, staying with the nearly unconscious boy, who lay with his head on my lap. I wouldn't leave until I knew he was safe and healed- or at least he was going to the infirmary. "Let's go, its time for your critique."

"I know what I did wrong," I spoke sharply, turning to the hero. "I didn't take the match seriously enough and I allowed my teammate to go into a fight that he was unequipped and unsuited for. I should've taken initiative and taken Bakugo on myself, letting him take the job he was prepared for: getting the fake bomb. I didn't use my Quirk to the fullest extent. Had I, the match would've been over quickly."

"Hm, very well," All Might spoke, turning toward Midoriya, who was now being lifted onto a medical bed by two robots. Bakugo had already left, lucky for him. He better be prepared... "I assume you wish to accompany Young Midoriya to the infirmary?"

"Yes, sir," I bowed, then stood, beginning to exit the building as I moved toward him. "But there's something I need to do first."

I stomped past him and out of the building, straight toward the monitoring room. I slammed open the door when I reached it, fuming as I entered the room. My fellow students looked at me, shocked, seeing my sudden anger.

"(Y/N)!" Mina started, "You were ama-!"

"Shut it," I growled, storming up to the ash blonde who was standing in the back corner of the room, staring dejectedly down at the floor. "Katsuki Bakugo."

He looked up, eyes widening at seeing me. His eyebrows furrowed slightly. "(Y-"

My hand made hard contact with his cheek, his head snapping to the side as his eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. I had just slapped him, and he wasn't at all prepared for that. My teeth were gritted, practically grinding against each other. My eyebrows were pointed downward as I stared, fuming at the boy.

• Third Person •

Bakugo's face stayed to the side. He was in complete shock as to what had just happened. First he lost to 'shitty Deku', and now this?

"What in the hell is your problem?!" You demanded staring up at him pure rage. His face slowly turned toward you, and he was growing increasingly more angry with the situation. However, upon seeing your face, he hesitated. You looked... hurt. Angry and hurt. He wasn't very good at reading people, but anyone with a half of a brain could tell you were upset. "You could've killed Midoriya or Iida! Hell, you could've even killed yourself!"

Almost everyone in the room instantly noticed that you didn't mention yourself is the list of possibly dying. A few thought it was pride, you didn't think you would die if the situation had escalated. Others thought maybe you were just trying to prove a point without using yourself as an example, but the two boys who knew you well thought, no, knew otherwise. You didn't care if you died, your life didn't hold any value in this situation; you had always been too selfless.