CHAPTER ELEVEN | PLAYING PUSH-PULL

AHOTE

     "We should get up," I whispered into Alek's shoulder as he pulled me closer. He groaned in reply to me, ignoring my words and throwing his leg over my thigh. I scoffed, closing my eyes a bit before opening them again to look over his shoulder. Beams of light were pouring into the room through the little holes in the shades. It was late in the morning. Alek and I had woken up sometime around five in the morning and I had left Elan with the other kids before dragging Alek with me to the praying room.

     I was a little worried that he felt that the whole thing was a chore, but he joined me and didn't seem phased by me pouring my heart out on my knees while I spoke to the spirits. He had tagged along with me while I did some of my chores before we both headed to my room to take a shower. We didn't end up taking that shower. We just got naked and curled up to each other in bed.

     Alek's body was starting to weigh on me a little. I guess when I had started looking at him 'that way' I had always wondered what he would look like naked, and I got a glimpse before we took walks around the territory in our wolf forms, but I got the full experience whenever we just decided it was a nice weather to lie around naked in. Alek had broad shoulders, developed muscles, and an even skin tone. Expected, he used to be a Kappa and I guess all that traveling on foot for miles on end gave someone the body equivalent to that of a marathon runner. I was lean, slender, tall, and a little less tanned than the pack members that worked outside for the most part. I looked like what anyone would expect me to look like — like someone who didn't do much physically.

     My plainness wasn't something that bothered me. Well, not until recently. With a mate bond, someone was compelled to find you attractive no matter what. With relationships not based on that, it was purely what you grew to think about each other. Alek was attracted to me. That much I know, but I guess my pheromones did all the pulling in our first meeting. Did he find me attractive physically? If he didn't was that why he wasn't bothered and was letting things between us progress so slowly?

     I shut my eyes, counting down to five in my head before opening them again. I didn't need thoughts like that. Alek's hand moved to squeeze my shoulder as he adjusted his position on the bed and drew closer to me with a hint of a smile on his lips. "In less than three hours you'll have to be out with the rest of the hunters," I muttered making Alek snort. I swallowed my spit, holding the gaze I had with his icy blue eyes. Just looking at him had my mind doing weird things in my chest.