CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX | MAKE HIM FEEL BEAUTIFUL

ALEK

ALEK

A month plus passed and Ahote started to show. It didn't matter if he tried to hide it, just about everyone had caught on at this point. His smell, his mood, and the way he instinctively moved to shield is stomach at the slightest sign of danger made him a walking billboard sign. Despite this fact, he didn't tell anyone except the caretakers and matrons that needed to know, and he went ahead like no one else but me, Kaya, his brother knew. Most of the pack respected that decision, but I could tell it was eating Aponi inside.

"Why won't he tell me?" I looked up from the shirt I was stitching to stare at Aponi. I had come to borrow a needle from one of the housekeeper omegas and Aponi happened to be in the room as well. I had kept quiet for the most part, preventing myself from even glancing at her, and she had done the same until now. Her eyes were knitted into a frown, and clear distress was written on her face.

"Is he going to pretend the baby doesn't exist when he has it too?" she continued when I didn't give her a response, letting out a sign before taking a seat on one of the stools.

"I understand why he's upset with me, but he's never been this angry..." She went on, sparing me a glance. I stared back at her, licking my lips and looking away when I felt her gaze was too intense. It seemed like she wanted to blame me for them falling out of favor with each other.

"Beg him for me, will you?" she asked, and I looked up, my eyes going wide with surprise. She had her eyes on her lap now. She looked embarrassed to be asking for my help. "I want us to be close again, this is painful," she went on. From what I knew Aponi was just a few years younger, but she was like a replacement mother to Ahote. They meant a lot to each other, and even though Ahote was giving her the cold shoulder I could see that he sincerely wanted things to go back to normal.

I nodded before I could stop myself and watched as Aponi visibly relaxed. "Thank you," she said, and I could only smile a little to acknowledge her words. I wasn't sure if he would listen to me if I suggested he and Aponi talked things out, but I decided it was worth the effort.