Chapter 49: Climax

June 28th, 2015

5:00 P.M.

Camila

I could get lost in the sound of my guitar so easily. There was nothing that beat the feeling of my fingers strumming against the taut strings as I created my own music. Playing helped me to calm my nerves before the show. We were set to perform second to last at the Show of the Summer in Pennsylvania along with a bunch of other artists such as R5, Jack and Jack, and even some of our old tourmates like Jacob Whitesides and Shawn Mendes. I was so excited to see all of them again, but, for now, I was just happy in my solitude as I sang along to one of my favorite songs.

 I was so excited to see all of them again, but, for now, I was just happy in my solitude as I sang along to one of my favorite songs

"So honey, now...Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your hand on my beating heart."

"I'm thinking out loud..." a new voice joined me.

I looked towards the dressing room door to see none other than Shawn Mendes staring back at me, reciting the rest of the lines along with me.

"Maybe we found love right where we are." we sang together.

We finished the last line smiling at each other as I let the final chord fade out.

"Oh my god, Shawn!" I finally reacted to his presence.

I immediately set my guitar to one side and got up to hug the younger boy. I was so in shock by what I found when I did. Shawn had grown up a lot since the last time I had seen him. Sure, I kept up with his music and occasionally watched his videos, but hugging him now and seeing him in the flesh had me absolutely floored. I could feel how much bigger his arms had gotten as he wrapped them around me and his torso felt firm and muscular. I couldn't believe that this was the same cute kid that I had gone on Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour with just the year before. I pulled away to look him in the eyes.

"Who are you?" I teased him, my eyes wide.

"What do you mean?" he laughed.

"You look so old!"

"Oh, shoot. Is my hair turning grey?" he joked as he grasped at a few tusks of hair on his head.

"Yeah, you look like a freaking grandpa!"

"It's good to see you too, Camila." he smirked.

"No, seriously though, what happened to that scrawny kid I used to give wedgies to?"

(Go to 1:40)

"He started bulking up so that he could fight the bullies."

"Am I the bully?"