5,

Cyrus got up from the table slowly and walked towards Tj. He had an uneasy feeling in his stomach.

Every couple of steps Cyrus would look back at Buffy and she would cheer him on silently.

All of Tj's friends stared at Cyrus as he walked over and sat down.

"Can we talk please?" Cyrus asked and put his hand on Tj's shoulder.

"Please." Tj pleaded.

They both got up and walked to an empty table on the other side of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong?" Tj grabbed Cyrus's hand.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you." Cyrus pulled his hand away.

"Why did you do it?"

"I was afraid to get hurt." Cyrus stopped looking at Tj and looked at his lap instead.

"I would never hurt you. Why would you think I would hurt you?"

"I don't know. I was scared."

"Scared of what?"

"Losing you."

"You couldn't ever lose me."

"Can I tell you something really important? You have to promise you won't hate me." Cyrus began to shake, he felt like he was going to throw up.

"I promise."

"I'm gay and I know that this might be difficult for you to come to terms with what I just told you. Please just understand that, I just want to let you into a part of my life that you have been missing from. This is really hard for me to tell you, and I am ready to be patient for you to ask questions or be curious or whatever." Cyrus felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. A few tears slipped down his cheek.

"Cyrus I've known for awhile. You're no different." Tj smiled and grabbed Cyrus's hand again. This time Cyrus didn't pull away. Tj wiped the tears off of Cyrus's cheek with his hand.

"What?"

"I already knew."

"How?"

"I don't know I just did." Tj laughed nervously, as much as he wished he could, he couldn't tell him that he felt the same way Cyrus felt as well.

"Stop crying, you're okay?" Tj smiled at him.

"Yeah I am, I was just really worried that you were gonna hate me and not wanna be friends with me anymore and that really scared me."

"Cyrus I could never hate you, you may come to hate me but I could never hate you." Tj reassured Cyrus.

"I couldn't ever hate you either."

"Maybe that can be our always?" Tj elbowed Cyrus in the side playfully.

"I knew you enjoyed that movie."

"Did not." He said sticking his tongue out at Cyrus.

"See you tonight?"

"My house?"

"Of course."

Both of the boys went back to the lunch tables they were sitting at before.

"How did it go?" Buffy hugged Cyrus.

"It went great actually, we are hanging out after school."

"I love you Cy."

"I love you too buff."