Chapter Two

~Gianna's POV~

As I blew on my tea from my favorite café, looking into Harry's leaf green eyes, I couldn't help but smile. I watched Harry's fingers wrap themselves around the handle of the teacup. He lifted the cup to his slightly parted lips. I smile at the simplicity of this. It was like having a cup of tea with an old friend. 

He placed his cup back down on the saucer, which was decorated in little orange, blue, and red birds. Someone was clinking their spoon around; stirring something in their cup or mug. I looked down into my tea, debating if I should put another cube of sugar in it. A hand slid over the little porcelain box, filled with various types of sugar. I looked up at Harry, murmuring a soft "thank you", as I took a little pink packet and ripped it open. I held it over my tea, letting half of the contents pour into my cup and leaving the rest. I picked up my little spoon that was resting beside the tea cup on the saucer and stir the sugar so it will dissolve faster. 

"So what brings you to London?" Harry's accent is like music to my ears. 

"I'm in college here," I smiled, looking at him and picking up my tea. I blow it to cool it off a bit, before tipping it up to my lips. Harry looked surprised. 

"What are you in college for?" He asked before taking a bite from a chocolate chip cookie that was resting on a small plate in front of us.

"Music; singing, guitar playing, that sort of thing" I reply, beaming. I really loved what I was doing.

"That's really good, Gi," He said. I could feel a slight blush creeping onto my cheeks at the nickname. I smiled, looking down at my yellow napkin. I looked back up at Harry, who looked a tad nervous.

"Gianna, I heard your little speech in the subway back in New York, and I saw your scars," He said quietly, sighing. He wasn't looking me in the eyes, more down into his cup of tea. I sighed quietly, nervous. Harry looked back up at me. "Can I have the full story, please?" He asked, concern filling his eyes. I looked down at my orange bracelets on my wrist, a few white scars still visible. I nodded slowly, biting the inside of my cheek. 

"I started because it was the only pain that I could control. Everyone around me was hurting me and I couldn't take it anymore, so I took my emotions out on myself. Then it turned into an addiction," I admitted, quietly sighing. I picked up my napkin, dabbing just above my upper lip. I looked up at Harry, who was already looking directly at me.

"Why would someone as gorgeous as you want to harm themselves?" He asked with complete sincerity in his voice. I smiled softly, feeling the urge to hug him. 

"Harry, I hope you realize how much that helps me. Thank you," I said, still feeling the urge to throw my arms around him in a hug. 

The only reason I didn't is because I would have to hug him over a table and that isn't the easiest way to hug someone. But, thinking about it, I decided to anyway. I reached over the table and engulfed him into a hug. As I imagined, it was a slightly awkward, uncomfortable hug, but having his arms wrapped around me was still the best feeling.

"Thank you so much," I murmured into his ear, still embracing him. He tightened his arms around me. 

"Don't ever leave, okay?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded as he kissed my temple. We both pulled away from the hug and sat back in our seats. I could feel a blush creep onto my cheeks from his kiss, and the butterflies in my stomach were having a party. I smile and look down at my tea. 

"What does Laura think of this?" Harry asked quietly, looking at me. It took me a minute to recall some of our conversations about it. 

"She knows. Laura knows why I have done what I've done, and she isn't one to judge. I know she gets upset if she hears anything about me relapsing, or even if I'm having a bad day, and I start to recall bad memories. She's there. She knows what it feels like to struggle, but I know that it hurts her that I have hurt myself," I said while shifting in my seat.

"She really is a great friend. She's the one who saw me in the subway and she talked about you; about how I was your savior," Harry played with a cookie, crumbling it onto a paper napkin. "She really loves you, Gi. It's really hard for some people to find friends like that," He said, straightening is back and sitting up in his seat.

A girl started to make her way over to our little corner. She had black hair, and hazel eyes. A smile crept onto her face as she got closer. She was wearing a blue sweater, black skinny jeans, and blue converse. I gripped my cup tightly, the tea inside warming up the porcelain, also warming my hands. The girl finally reached the table. She looked shy and a bit nervous. 

"A-are you Harry Styles?" She asked quietly. I look from my tea cup to Harry as he nodded. "Can I have your autograph and a picture?! Please?!" She begged, trying to contain her excitement so she didn't cause a scene. Harry nodded, giving her a generous smile as he signed a little paper napkin that he took out of the dispenser. She squeaked quietly as Harry handed her the signed paper. Then he patted the seat beside him, motioning for her to take a seat for the picture. She blushed. 

"If you give me your phone, I'll take the picture for you," I offered, giving the girl a polite smile. She nodded, murmuring a "thank you" before giving me her phone. I snapped a few pictures of the two of them, then gave her phone back to her. Harry gave her a quick hug before she stood up and left us to ourselves again. Harry looked down at his watch in a quick motion before muttering a curse word.

"I have to go," He said sadly. "But, can I have your cell number so I can give you a ring?" He asked, a small, shy smile appearing across his features. I nodded slightly, trying not to blush. I smiled when he handed me his phone and I gave him mine. I programmed my name in his phone as "Gi", remembering my nickname that Laura must have told him. After saving my number into his phone, I return it to him and shuffle out of the booth. He returned my phone as well as giving me a nice, warm hug. I found myself once again, feeling as if I was flying. 

"Goodbye, Gianna," He said, turning, and making his way to the door of the café. I frowned slightly as I heard the faint 'ding' sound throughout the café due to Harry leaving. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.  As I pull it out of my pocket, looking at the screen, I can't help but smile.

'I miss you already. xx -Harry'