Chapter 4

Chapter 4 {EDITED}

The next morning, I woke up early than usual due to a loud obnoxious noise coming from my cell phone.

I grabbed my cell phone so that it didn’t wake my parents up. I could care less if Shane got woken up.

I smiled when I saw it was a text from Alex.

Hey, you want to come over?

I smiled and immediately replied with a yes before jumping out of bed. I stretched and looked at the clock, seeing that it was 8:43 in the morning.

I walked over to my suitcase which I have yet to unpack and placed it on my bed. I opened it and took out a pair of black flips flops, a cute crop top, and a pair of denim dark wash shorts.

I placed them on quickly and then grabbed my phone, sticking it in the back pocket of my shorts. I walked over to my full length mirror behind my door and inspected my hair. I put it in a nice fishtail braid before walking out of my room.

Just as I walked out of my room, the bathroom door opened, revealing a shirtless Shane. His hair was wet, meaning he’d just taken a shower and he had a towel wrapped around his waist.

He looked at me and I immediately knew what was coming.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

I continued to walk forward but Shane grabbed my upper arm before I could walk down the stairs.

“I asked you a question,” he said.

“And I asked you a question, too, yesterday,” I said, watching as his face went pale.  

“That’s different,” he said, refusing to look at me.  

“How different?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.  

“I can’t say,” he said, finally looking me in the eye.  

“Well I guess I can’t answer your question, then,” I said before walking away.  

Shane’s P.O.V

I watched as she disappeared, closing the front door behind her.

She was going into Miami looking like that. She was probably going to get mobbed by a ton of guys.

I ran my hand through my wet hair. This was all my fault. I wouldn’t tell her what she wanted to know all because I was scared she would run away from me and never want anything to do with me ever again.

Sure, she was on that path right now because I was being an asshole but it would be worse if she found out. I know that for sure.

But at the moment, her glaring at me was better than having her not look at me at all. But I had to keep her at a distance. 

I couldn’t get too close.

I couldn’t want her.

I couldn’t need her.

I couldn’t let her be my world.

I couldn’t trust her.

But somehow, it seemed like all of those were all lies because I was already doing the opposite.

But I knew what it was. It was fear that was making me do this. The fear of being rejected and losing her. I couldn’t take that.

I walked to my room and changed into a pair of boxers before falling back asleep, Evie on my mind.  

[][][]

  Evie’s P.O.V.

“Evie, you want to play Barbie with me?” Lily asked.