Chapter 24 I.. just went for a.. swim..

Louis' POV -

I woke up at 6 a.m. with no sound to be heard in the cabin. I bet any of them isn't up.

I was wandering outside the cabin, when I decided to go on a little adventure. As much as I wanted to wake Aria up I couldn't because I was going to get something for her from the woods.

When we were walking around yesterday, I saw a small plantation of red roses, which I decided to bring for Aria.

The only way to the other side was a bridge which was so goddamn old. But it's an adventure and it's for Ari so who cares.

As soon as I stepped on that bridge, it let out a loud creaking sound, but to my relief it didn't break.

I took slow and steady steps and when I was on the other side, thinking that I'm really smart to have been here without damaging the bridge, it fell.

Oh no.

The only way to the other side, was inside of water.

I will have to find another way or I'll have to swim through the freezing cold water. Oh well.

I walked ahead, careful with the wooden logs which were scattered everywhere. And, when I looked around to find the roses, which I saw were near so I ran towards them, causing me to bump into a wooden log and fall down.

I did get a few scratches on my knee which were bearable but what wasn't was a cut on my hand.

It was bleeding and I sat for some seconds to process what just happened. The cut was long and it hurt like hell. I cautiously wrapped my handkerchief around it, which was loose because I couldn't tie it tightly with just one hand.

I started walking again, wincing at the pain when a leaf touched my cut.

"Okay, Lou, come on, it's nothing.. I want that smile on her face, I want it.." I mumbled to myself as I walked to those roses.

The plantation was really beautiful and I didn't want to ruin it, so I just plucked one rose from the side. I wonder how they even grew there.

Well, none of my concern. I better get back to the cabin before Aria wakes up.

Which reminds me, how the hell am I supposed to get back. There's just this lake as far as I can see, and I possibly can't walk on the broken pieces of that bridge. And how can I miss the cherry on the top of the cake? This damned cut on my hand pains so much.

Ok, calm down Lou, you're gonna get out of here.

If I just swim through the water at a normal speed I can get to the other side without much difficulty.

It's just cold water, nothing big. Just freezing cold water.

"Why me?" I murmured looking at the sky.

I swam through it, not too fast or slow and within one minute I was on the other side. Did I mention that I'm panting like hell and I'm fucking freezing right now?

I wasted no time and ran to the cabin to get in the shower asap.

But I got bumped into something, no someone because I never got to open the front door.

Aria.

We would've fallen if I hadn't caught her and the door at the same time.

"Louis?" she said confusedly as she held on to me.

"Ari.." I smiled nervously.

I really didn't want you to see me like this but here we are.

"Where were you, I was looking for you.. and why are you so.. wet?" she said as she pulled away and I chuckled nervously.

"Umm, I.. I just.. went for a.. swim.." I said and she shook her head.

"And you're a terrible liar.." she said.

"Okay I went to bring this for you.." I said as I showed her the rose and she smiled but her smile soon disappeared and her eyes went wide as she saw my cut.

"Louis.." she said as she grabbed my hand. "Oh my god you're bleeding" she said worriedly.

"I'm fine Aria, don't worry" I said but looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you mad? Does this look fine to you?" she said and took my other hand to lead me to my room.

"Sit here, let me get the first aid kit" she said as I sat on the bed. As much as I hated to see her all worried, I must admit that I liked the fact that she was worrying for me.

She came back with two towels and put one around me while she dried my hair from the other. I usually don't let anyone else touch my hair but like I said before, Aria's too cute to say no to.

"Okay, this is going to sting" she said while holding cotton dabbed with antiseptic liquid on it and I nodded.

It did sting.

"I'm sorry.." she said as she noticed me hissing.

"It's not your fault cupcake" I said and she looked up for a second before cleaning the wound.

"Who's fault then?" she asked slowly. "I mean, how did you get hurt so bad?" she asked.

"I.. umm.. fell" I said as she wrapped a bandage around my hand.

"Details, Louis. And why are you wet?" she said.

"I was getting this for you" I said showing her the rose which was still in my hand. And then I told her everything about my little trip.

"So much for a rose.." she said.

"Well, isn't this your favorite flower?" I asked her.

"Louis, it's not that.. I am so happy that you brought this rose for me but.. I don't want anything if it gets you hurt.." she said.

She cares for me.

"I'm sorry?"

"Seriously? You're asking me?"

"I'm sorry Ari" I said and she looked at me for some seconds and then hugged me tightly.

Okay I wasn't expecting that, but a kiss would be perfect Ari, don't you think?

"You should go shower now.." she said as she stood up. "And I should change" she said noticing her shirt with was wet now because of me.

"So.." I said as I stood up as well and she smiled.

"So..?" she said but made no move to go.

Maybe she wants me to take the first step. Alright Ari, anything for you sweetheart.

"Can I tell you something..?" I said and she looked up at me curiously.

"Sure" she smiled a bit.

I really like you Cupcake.

"I.." I said as I got closer to her and pushed her hair behind her ear. "I really.." I said as I leaned in and her lips slightly parted.

This is it, I'm going to tell her that she's amazing and I like her so much and next I'm going to pin her to the nearest wall. You can do this Louis, she likes you as well. She cares for you. She-

"You really what?" she asked in a whisper, her flowery scent filling my nose and her pink lips almost brushing mine.

"I.."

************
A/N -

Stay tuned :)