Different

(Jirou's POV)

Today is our first official date together. Why am I so nervous? I've been friends with Denki since seventh grade. We've hung out together plenty of times, so why should this feel any different? We're just seeing a movie.

After school we walk back to the dorms together. Later I change into something casual and get ready to go out. I meet Denki in the common area.

He was also dressed casually, his hair styled like it always was. He smiles at me.

"Hey. Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yep. Ready." I reply.

He takes my hand and we walk to the movie theater.

The walk there was calm and peaceful. There weren't many other people outside, so it was awfully quiet.

We walk past a small park with a bright colored playground.

"Oh, hey!" Denki exclaims.

"Hm?"

"This is where I broke my wrist!" He says.

"You broke your wrist? How?"

"When I was like seven, I thought I could fly. I jumped right off that slide and face planted in the sand."

I laugh. "I could see you doing something like that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're not the brightest of bulbs." I explain.

"Pff. Whatever."

After a while, we finally arrive at the theater. We buy a small bucket of popcorn and find seats.

The movie eventually starts. This isn't exactly an award winning movie. It's filled with corny scenes and cheesy jokes.

In the middle of the movie, Denki gets my attention.

"Psst. Kyouka."

"What?" I whisper.

"Wanna count shoulders?" He replies.

Um what's that supposed to mean?

Before I could say anything, he touches his two shoudlers.

"One, two..."

Then he taps mine.

"Three, four." He rests his arm around me.

Darn it! Why are you like this? Why are you so adorable and stupid at the same time?

My face starts heating up. I suddenly lost interest in the movie.

(Kaminari's POV)

Damn! That was smooth! That was good, that was good. Now...what now? What's my next move? Should I-

My train of thought was interrupted when Jirou lays her head on my shoulder.

Oh okay, I guess it was her move.

Okay, stay calm. Maybe just be...sweet.

I lean over and kiss her on the cheek. She just smiles. This made my heart feel all fuzzy.

I was too distracted and didn't even realize the movie was coming to an end.

The credits started rolling and the lights came back on.

"That movie was pretty whack." She says.

"Yeah. This was fun, though." To be honest, I didn't even watch like half of the movie. Whoops.

When we walk back to campus, I tell Kyouka that I was having trouble with the recent English lessons and homework. She kindly offered to help me.

"Yeah, I get it. It's hard to understand what Present Mic is saying sometimes." She says.

I invite her into my room, which luckily, I recently cleaned and organized.

We sit down and I take out my notebook and textbooks.

"Are you ready for the quiz tomorrow?" She asks.

"Yeah. I think so. I read over chapters seven and eight like twenty times."

"Seven and eight?" She says, puzzled. "The quiz is on nine and ten."

My jaw drops.

"What?! You've got to be kidding me!" I'm so stupid! Ugh!" I whine.

"Hey, it's okay. We can just review those chapters and finish the homework. It's no big deal." She tells me.

I sigh.

''Thank you."

About an hour later, i'm starting to get sleepy. I can tell Kyouka is too. We finally finish the homework.

"Boom. You're welcome." She says, dramatically dropping her pencil.

"Thanks." I yawn.

We were sitting on my bed. I wrap my arms around her and fall back.

"I'm so tired." I whisper.

"At least today's Friday." She says.

Oh yeah, I forgot. We don't have classes tomorrow.

"Yeah. You're right."

"I'm gonna go to bed." She starts to get up.

"Wait. Can't you stay?" I ask, hesitantly.

"You know what the others are gonna think in the morning." She says.

"They won't know."

"Fiiine." She sits back down next to me.

We lay down, trying to get comfortable. She runs her fingers through my hair.

After a while of silence, I lock our lips. I wasn't hesitating this time. I rub my thumb across her cheek as we kissed.

At that moment, I knew. I was sure. She was the one.