🥀E I G H T🥀

"also, who caused your hanahaki?"

taeils eyes widened at the question as he cleared his throat and looked down. he couldn't tell sicheng that it was him, what if he got rejected. who could he say instead, it had to he someone he knew and talk to so it would be believable.

"doyoung." he said quickly, not even realizing that it was one of his best friends names that had passed through his lips. "he's your best friend just tell him." sicheng said with a small smile on his face, he really didn't want taeil to die.

"it's not that easy." was all taeil mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. he was nervous, what if sicheng tells doyoung and doyoung likes him back? that would be bad because he'd hurt his friends feelings and when the hanahaki doesn't do away, sicheng will know he lied.

the bell rang, class was over. sicheng sighed and stood up, reaching his hand out to help taeil on to his feet. of course he excepted and right after he stood up, he coughed harshly, a bit of blood coming out. it was very obviously getting worse.

taeil quickly left the bathroom and saw doyoung, he immediately turned the other way and speed walked away. he couldn't face him right now, that was way too embarrassing for him. he frowned and stopped walking so he could take out his phone.

he was about to call his mom when somebody tapped his shoulder, taeil turned and saw jisung standing there nervously. he smiled and put his phone away, giving the young boy all of his attention.

"does chenle l-like me?" he asked nervously, fiddling with his fingers. he had a cute blush on his face and he looked very confused. "i don't know, do you like him?" taeil asked in return, he wasn't just gonna out chenle if he'd only be rejected.

"yes, i do. he's really cute." jisung said, smiling fondly as he thought about the small boy with the adorable laugh. "go find him and tell him you like him, you won't regret it i promise." taeil said, giving the tall boy a smile.

as soon as jisung was gone, he coughed again, more blood came out. he hated this, he wanted to call his mom but he couldn't. he nearly yelled when someone else tapped his shoulder but stopped when he turned to see renjun with tears streaming down his face.

"renjun? what's wrong?" taeil asked, going into parent mode. they weren't even close but he was so concerned, he didn't want him to cry. he hugged him for a few minutes until he'd stopped crying so he could actually speak.

"i-it's jeno, taeil. i think we're too late."