Chapter 2

I wake up in a strange room quite confused. I look around and see that i'm in a dressing room? Soon enough someone walks in. "Oh, you're awake!" the man says with a voice that sounds so familliar. I look up to see Lin-Manuel Miranda. I freak out because I am meeting my idol, but not in ideal conditions. "Holy shit," I say. "Hi, i'm Lin," He greets me. "Huge fan, but why am I here?" I ask. "Well, you kind of blacked out in the middle of the street, so I brought you back here, by the way who are you?" he asks me. I was about to tell him, but I remember what happened and I break down in tears.

After crying for a little bit Lin was able to calm me down. "I-i'm sorry for crying. My name is Clara Larson, i'm in 10th grade and turning 16 in 3 days. I am on vacation to the city to audition for the Rockett summer intensive and also for my birthday. I had just gotten out of auditions when I got a call saying my parents and brother died in a car accident," I say before crying again. "Shhh, it's ok," Lin says while pulling me into a hug. "I have to go probably," I say while standing up to leave. "No I can't let you go. Can we go to the hotel and get your stuff and then you can stay in a spare bedroom we have here?" he asks. I nod my head while I stand up to walk to my hotel.

When I get to my room I see a note from them.

Clara,

We are grabbing food. I bet you were so amazing! Be back in a bit.

Love, Mom

As I read that note I can feel myself sobbing again. I grab all of my stuff and any valubles of my family before heading out. Lin then escorts me into a spare dressing room/bedroom they have. I unpack my stuff and before I know it I am sitting on the stage being introduced to the cast of Hamilton. I am freaking out becuase they are my idols, but I can't be happy without my family.

After that I go up to my room and start sobbing. I feel like I have no will to live. All I want is to give a proper goodbye, but I can't do that now. I hear a knock on the door and see Jazzy come in. "Hey, you ok?" she says while sitting down next to me. "No," I say while sobbing again. Jazzy then pulls me into a big hug and we stay like that for a while. We then talk about the funniest things for at least another 2 hours. Beofre I fall asleep and i'm assuming she leaves.

I wake up in the middle of the night by a e-mail coming on my phone. It says that I got in to the intensive, but I probably won't be able to go because I don't have my family anymore. That's when it hits me, I will be forced into foster care.

Word Count-533