October 20

"Where are you taking me?" I yell from the backseat of Thom's brother's car.

"You'll see in a minute!" Aria yells back.

When she came by my house today, she gave me no clue as to where she and Aaron were driving me. But she wore an elegant, one-sleeved black minidress with fancy multi-colored high heels. And my parents seemed to be okay with her pulling me out of my home.

I wonder why I'm dressed in this red mini and these British flag shoes. Aria threw this at me before we left and told me to change into the outfit. I mean, they're cute, but why?

I wasn't supposed to leave home today. My sixteenth birthday was going to be a quiet affair, with just my parents and the group coming over later. Quiet, because I'm exhausted from classes.

And now my best friends seem to be kidnapping me.

And forcing me to wear cute but really uncomfortable shoes.

Some friends, they are.

"Are Thom, Artie, and Collin gonna be there?" I ask. Maybe through yes-or-no questions, will I get some information.

There's hesitation. Finally, Aaron pipes up with "Yes." He's dressed suspiciously too, in a white button down and dress pants.

"Are we going to a house?"

More hesitating. Then Aria turns in her seat, "I totally know what you're doing. I'm not going to tell you anything else."

Dammit. I pull out my phone, and text Collin. He likes me so maybe I can pry something out of him.

Nichole: TELL ME WHERE I'M GOING

Collin: LOL nope :)

Nichole: Screw you all

Let's try Artie now.

Artie: No

Nichole: You don't even know what I was going to ask. :P It could have been, do you love me?

Artie: I hate you

Artie: JKJKJKJK I'm not going to tell you where you're going though

Nichole: -_-

Artie: Don't even bother trying to ask Thom. Collin and I have alerted him

Nichole: Aha so you are on speaking terms with Collin now/

Nichole: * ?

Artie: For today only

Artie: g2g see ya

I sigh, and Aria says from the front, "Don't even bother texting them."

"You could have told me that earlier." I shove my phone back into my bra.

Nichole: :* I love you Artie!

Artie: Stop trying to bribe me

Nichole: :)

I shove my phone back into my bra. The car pulls to a standstill in front of a massive, white-pillared mansion, with mahogany doors. The windows are dark and there seems to be no sign of life in there.

Aria turns back to me again. "We're here."

I almost fall straight onto the ground trying to escape from the car, and inhale fresh air rapidly. Aaron had too many pine-scented car fresheners in there. I almost suffocated.

Straightening up, I brush my hands on my dress and say, "There seems to be no one here."

"Yeah, it's my house, the guys are in the back." Aria starts up to the doors. She searches her tiny bag for a key, and swears. "Dammit, I don't have a key."