Chapter 10.

I can't believe it's already chapter 10! Thank you to anyone that reads this far!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Luke's POV

When we land we immediately go to the hotel to avoid the small group of screaming girls. I have jet lag and being upset about Whit isn't helping. Our first show is in a week, but they wanted us to get a feel for the city before we did it.

I'm sharing a room with Calum. Michael and Ashton are sharing a room. Calum decides to go meet the small amount of fans downstairs while I sit here with my guitar and mope around. I start to sing the bits and pieces of the song I've been writing and I still can't find the right words.

*I wish that I could wake up with amnesia and forget...*

Forget what?
What do I want to forget?

I keep asking myself until Whitney's face pops into my head. I need to forget her. All of the stupid little things she did. That cute little dimple on her right cheek. The way she would be so comfortable around me. How she could tell me anything. I could help her with everything, but now I can't protect her. She did this and I'm not going back.

I decide to go downstairs to meet Calum and Ashton. I tell them I need to talk and they instantly walk up to mine and Cal's room.

"Uh..Luke?" Ashton says.

"What?"

"My phone is blowing up with how this girl wrote you a song and it's on YouTube."

"Mine too. Look." Calum handed me his phone. It was loading a YouTube video titled A song for Luke. The user was WB1996. No profile picture. Just this one video. With 5,000 views and 1,745 comments.

The screen was black at first and I heard a voice say "Luke this is for you I hope you forgive me."

It was Whitney.

*I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted*

She finished my song.

*I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted and even though your friends tell me you're doing fine. Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?*

Her voice is like heaven to my ears. The loveliest sound. I've never actually heard her sing. It was refreshing to see her face.

*When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?*

*Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?*

*'Cause I'm not fine at all*

I can't leave her. I can't. It's too hard.

*I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape*

*'Cause I'm not fine at all*

*The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around. .It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on. It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long.
It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?*

She knew just how I felt. Lost without her.

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape*

*If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say*
She wrote that part. I need her back. It's been two days, but I can't live without her.

*I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all*

I can't help but smile. Calum walks up to me with a smirk on his face holding his hand out for his phone.

"I can't help it." I continue smiling at Calum and Ashton.

Michael walks in smiling too. Leaving us a smiling group of idiots in a hotel room.

Whitney's POV

I posted the video five hours ago. I stare at the rising number of views and comments waiting and hoping for Luke to respond.

It was another hour later when I came back to my computer to see the response I was hoping for.

hemmo1996: Whitney. Babe. You know I can't stay mad at you anymore. I couldn't stay mad at you if I tried. I love you more than anything in this world. I miss you IM me so we can sort this out?

So I logged into my IM account waiting for Luke to come online. When he did I instantly clicked on his name.

Whit96: Hey Luke.
Hemmo96: Whitney. I have missed you so so much it seemed like forever not talking to you.
Whit96: I know baby. I know. I'm so happy you saw my video. I worked so hard on it.
Hemmo96: Whit you did so good! I can't believe you never sing in front of me!
Whit96: I don't don't really sing much in the first place...😐
Hemmo96: Whitney I have to go to bed soon. Call me before I go to bed? ❤😘
Whit96: Yeah. I'll call you in five. 😚
Hemmo96: Okay. I love you. ❤

I time myself trying not to call too early. The phone rings three times before he answers. I talk to him for 45 minutes and eventually he fell asleep not hanging up. I'm so glad we finally worked this out. I'm back with my love. Except I won't see him for another 360 days.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading! comment?! Let me know what you think will happen next!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••