I Thought I Loved You Then..

I will never forget the way you looked at me. Your smile brightened up my life. You could always see right through me. You always knew exactly what I was thinking. We were young. We did not know what we were taking for granted. All we knew is how good it felt. You made me feel alive. Every moment was pure intoxication of your love. You thrilled me like a rollercoaster ride. We were so passionate. Every fight we had brought us to the incredible moment of making up. It got better every time. I was so addicted to you. You were a drug to me. You were the drug. The drug I could never stop using. You would always be in the back of my mind. I would try to push you out, but it would never work. You became a piece of me.Your memory lived inside of me every single day. I knew you just as much as I knew myself. You were me.
Now I feel as if I am in a dream everyday. Not the kind of dream you want to be in. It's the kind of dream that does not feel real. Everything is hazy and you are waiting to wake up.... but you never do. This is my reality now. Sometimes I wonder if I am in a parallel universe. Things were not supposed to be this way. I try to accept it and move on with my life. How can I move on when you are always in the back of my mind? I guess it's true when they say you'll never feel the moment until its passed.