F.U.N (12)

Freaking unbelievable neurosurgeon.

What a drag.I've been pacing back and forth through my hastily decorated room, gazing frequently out the rounded windows -framed by a pair of plain mauve curtains,my favourite ones despite their much too elegant,vintage style. Extremely impatient,as I shoved a pair of heels onto my feet, my body started moving on it's own accord, ignoring my brain's last signals.

Like a fair maiden,I found myself standing unwillingly in front of the (not so) large door of my apartment, looking completely out of the place.
The hallway seemed swallowed by darkness,rare streaks of streetlamps dimly lit the loneliess within,there wasn't anyone else in the b

The night was cold and crisp,which meant that I was basically freezing- such an unpleasant feeling was pinching at my limbs. Icy needles carresed my fingertips and as they punctured downwards,they reached for the rest of my hand.

He was late,is that even possible? He, the one who wields the time, could even show up late?

Stephen Strange was suposed to pick me up precisely 12 minutes and 46 seconds ago, yet here I am, alone with my undeniable loud thoughts.

"If I weren't in a dress... and he weren't a master of the time and martial arts, I'd beat the crap out of this guy!"

Rather bothered by his uncharacteristic behaviour, I placed my butt on the frozen stairs, watching as a group of teens were heading to the southern area. They seemed cheerful, much too cheerful  for their young age, perhaps even drunk.
A wave of nausea hit me, and my leady shoulders felt as they were about to snap in half. It was a new one, my fingertips were no longer tingly but my head was whispering me one word repeatedly-

'Go.'

Nonetheless, I had a bad feeling about this day, I could feel goose-

"Agent (l/n)"

A voice, much too familiar for my like spoke aloud. Deep, almost mockingly, it scratched at my ears as my heartbeat increased-

"Or perhaps you'd like to forget that name, after all-"

"Nick. I'm sorry but what the heavens-"

"You know you're not stable enough to be left unsupervised, right? Let alone in a mutant's company. Or sorcerer in this case."

My back was facing him, and he was more than surely aware that I wasn't about to give in so soon and look him in the eyes- that'd be a crucial mistake. He'd read me whole.

Now, all that was left to do is- avoid eye contact, (Y/n). I want to know why, why is he here, how comes he knows where I live, even tho after all these years I was leading them onto the wrong path.
All I know is that they're good, too good for me and my poor attempts at getting out of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s sight.

After all, my powers are basically inactive.

"What brings you here, Fury? Does Stephen has anything to do with it?"

He chuckled, strolling around, trying to reach in front of me. I changed my position in an instant.

"Look, I'm the one that usually spits out the questions, but seems that the tables have turned. Stephen avoided talking about you except privately with the team, he's making sure you're in good hands, but you know what you're capable of if he somehow awakens-"

"I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I QUIT! Y-you know that as well, before Wanda you guys tried to restrain my visions, I was never able to meet the rest of the team because I was..."
Clenching my fists, I have made the final fatal mistake: I faced none other but Nick Fury, prestigious and brutal secret agent, aka eyepatch guy.