Chapter 4: Struggling to breathe air

💋💋💋

I wake up in my bed. My bed. With no one else in. And I groan before getting up. I don't even remember what happened last night. I don't think I drank. Or did I?

I went downstairs, scratching my head and my mom is yelling at Cam.

She suddenly spots me and says, "Look who's finally up. Anna. Grounded."

I sigh. I bet I didn't get into as much trouble as Cam did though. The way my mom looks at us when she's angry, is not a happy thing.

"Cameron. How many times? Are you really this naive? Did I or did I not say never to bring Anna to any of these parties? You owe Alex big time now. If it wasn't for him. Anna would've been killed. I have spoke to Mr. Carter, he told me what happened and when I come back to the house both of you are not there. Do you know how much stress you put me through?" She screamed.

"Mom, look, I really don't want to argue with you right now. I didn't know what happened last night okay and I had no idea where Anna was. I didn't see her at the party."

He didn't? He'll yeah, he didn't. He gave me a pleading look and My mom heaved a huge sigh before walking out of the kitchen. My dad said, "That was fun, guys." Before he, too, walked out of view.

Cam turned to me.

Uh oh.

I squeezed my orange juice box and avoided eye contact. He looked straight at me and his face, oh, is really heartbreaking.

"What?" Is the first thing I say.

"Change." He said. "We're going out."

"Where?"

He hesitates before answering, "Out." And he leaves.

💄💄💄

"We need to talk." He said.

"We do." I agreed.

"So... What happened last night?"

"Well, I wore a whore's dress which was technically what Lenny forced me into, went to the party, only to say hello, then go home and sleep but I needed the toilet really quick and Lenny had already left me so after that, this dude started hitting on me and he forced me to sleep with him, ew, but a hero came and saved the day and I ended up not sleeping with him. Then I saw you with your man whores and then..."

"Anna, frigging get to the point. What happened? Where were you after you left the party? I didn't even know you did."

"I decided to walk home." I simply reply.

"Drunk? Really Anna, you frigging idiot. You were drunk? And then you walked home."

"No actually, I didn't really walk home. I was walking the wrong direction."

"I'm not surprised."

"And then my hero came and drove me home."

"Who?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"It was Alex."

"He'll yeah it was. Do you know how strong he is. He's probably stronger than you. He makes a great-"

"Shut up."

I chuckled.

We arrived at a building. A big building. It was blue. "Cam. What are we doing here?" He didn't reply. Instead, he just locked the car and went right in. I followed closely behind. The man at the counter saw us and said to Cam, "Hey there Cameron, you doing here?" "Might as well drop by and play a few games." He chuckled, and the man threw him a key.