Chapter 6: Let dare be light

Chapter 6: Let Dare Be Light

Sorry for late update guys. I was really busy in detention with my teacher because I didn't finish two of my homeworks. Luckily though, I managed to sneak in some time to write this chapter. I will try harder. I promise.

➰➰➰

There was darkness. It was in the middle of the night and then it happened. The fireworks blazed out into the night sky and filled the blackness with a sign of a new year. New year, huh? It was the January 1st. I was next to mom and dad and we were watching the sky happily. My dad whispered something to my mom which I can't remember and he leaned in to kiss her.

That day seemed so far away now, I hardly remember anything. But I remember what actually happened that night. After my mom went into the house saying she was going to take a nap, I cuddled into my dad's arms. He was always the comforting one. As the fireworks faded away, I drove into a deep sleep.

I heard her.

I heard her voice.

Olessia.

And then I woke up to the morning. I was on the pavement. Lying down like the dead. I don't see anything until the fog is cleared away. My sister is gone. My dad is gone. My mom, she's dead.

"Hello? Are you there?" Lenny is clicking her fingers in front of my face. "Oh yeah. Um, what were you saying?" The flashback is gone. So is my family.

No, Olessia. She might still be alive.

Lenny pushed her sunglasses up on too of her head. "I was just saying that Frankie has a date tonight and cannot join us for lunch. What do you want to do?"

I shrugged, "we should probably just eat some simple lunch and drive me home. In fact, I don't really feel like eating." I explained. I couldn't get Olessia out of my head.

"Okay. Let's just chill out and watch some movies until," she looked at her wrist, "2?" I nodded.

Lenny knows what happened to my family. She knows everything. We've been best friends since kindergarten. She knows Olessia. She know my life. Then when Frankie came in, we treated like a best friend, and we were all best friends for then on.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, I quickly checked to see if it might have been her again.

Where are you? -Cam

I sighed. Sometimes, this guy really gets on my nerve. I texted back a reply.

Still at Len's. Will call when I'm ready to go home. -Anns

I turned my body towards Lenny and she gave me a toothy grin. I love this girl.

➰➰➰

"Why were you home so late?" Cam asked me when I appeared at the door.

"None of your damn business." I replied. I'm not really this grouchy. But after a girl who I think might be Olessia just called me last night, I don't think I can talk to anyone. I just want Antonio and sleep.

I walked to my bedroom and slammed my door. I buried my face into my pillow and was about to burst out tears when my door opened. He came in and sat at the edge of my bed. "What's with the grouchy mood?" He said. I rolled my eyes. As much as he wants to be, he's not my dad. "What do you want?" I asked him.

"I'm saying, what's up with you. Why so grumpy?"

I didn't want to tell him the truth so I just replied, "period."

"Shut up and spill, Anns." He said. "I know it's not that."

Plan B down.

Plan C: "Antonio!" It was silence before I heard the soft paddling of dog prints bounce into my room.