Chapter 1

Chapter 1

                The goddess of love needed a son. She enjoyed her lovers but she needed to be a mommy. Her body craved it. She came to Zeus and asked him for all of the gods to bless her ideal child and create it into her womb. Zeus quickly agreed. He was tired of her ways against Hephaestus.

                “Do you wish for a blessing from your husband? Have you two discussed this?” Aphrodite knew she had to lie. She needed the little baby boy. Hephaestus would forgive her. He always had. She looked at the mountain that he worked upon. She had cheated so many times throughout the centuries. Would this be the disgrace that broke him? She hoped not.

                “Zeus, will you bless the child the power of wielding like his father so that he can make perfect arrows made of gold for a bow that I’m creating?”

                “Aphrodite you are like a daughter to me. Of course I’ll give him my blessing. He will make Hephaestus proud.” She looked at the lightning god and smiled. Aphrodite was shining with love and pride.

 Zeus was puzzled. He wondered why she wanted a baby so bad. She was never good with children. Hephaestus never liked the idea of children either. That’s why he married them off to each other. They would never have to worry about taking care of children. But, he knew for a fact that the couple never even consummated the marriage, so they weren’t going to be with each other sexually, which means 0 babies.

The Gods looked over the waters replaying Aphrodite’s actions through the centuries. Ares was furious.

 “If she’s going to have a baby it’s going to be mine.” He yelled. Apollo shined at the news of another god joining the crusade. “A future wingman? Oh yeah. I’m looking forward to your baby Aphrodite.” The rest of the gods encouraged the idea. The women were afraid that Aphrodite would take their husbands away from them. Help them cheat.

It was decided. Aphrodite would grow a beautiful baby inside her womb. This baby brought love to the human race. His name was Cupid. Cupid grew and grew. The tiny child brightened everyone’s day in Mount Olympus. The women cooed and the men rumbled with laughter. Cupid was a hit.

 The Child reached the young age of 13 when Aphrodite gave him the special bow. Aphrodite created a bow that had the power of love when struck by the arrows that Cupid made.

“Cupid, my son, this bow will only work for you. The gods gave their blessing to you which you’ll use to help your mommy. The humans always need love. Without love, the world is a dark and scary place. Love overcomes fear. Never forget that. In times of need people will look up to us and pray for love. We will always help and provide it.” With saying that, she turned and looked at Hephaestus. He stood at the side and waited for Cupid. Hephaestus promised Aphrodite that he would help the child learn about welding etc.

Even though she cheated, he still loved her. The Child was his, in his eyes. Cupid and Hephaestus had the same eyes. He appreciated that Aphrodite thought of him before she had the child blessed. She wasn’t heartless. She was the goddess of love.