WTHW 11

HAPPY 2019! :)

WTHW 11 (UN-EDITED)

COLE'S POV:

"So you guys are telling me that you've still not heard from Clark?" I asked Eric and Codie for the umpteenth time as we all made our way through the crowded hallway to our next class.

"I called his phone like severally and the line was dead." Eric said.

"I tried Edward and according to him, our dear friend came back home drunk yesterday after the party he attended with his dad." Codie added.

"Drunk? Why would Clark be drinking?" I inquired, slightly surprised. The only other time that Clark ever did under aged drinking was few days after Deborah's death and he promised never to repeat the same mistake again unless it was an emergency situation that he needed escape from.

"There ought to be something or rather someone that he needed saving from and maybe that was his only option." Eric said.

"Yeah but who?" I asked.

"Who knows but I don't it's a serious situation if not Edward would have informed us right?" Eric reasoned.

"Hopefully he isn't suffering from depression again." I said.

"He's going to regret this once the hangover hits." Codie interjected and we all agreed. Clark was the worst victim of hangovers, it was like his body was not designed for any amount of alcohol consumption.

We walked for a few more minutes in silence until it was time for us to split as Codie and I had music class but Eric had Art class.

"Oh before I forget guys, y'all never told me my boy Clint visited. Why?" asked Eric and Codie and I stared at him in disbelief.

"How did you know our brother was in town? Are you some undercover spy or something?" I said and Eric chortled lightly.

"There's something called social media and Clinton posted a recent photo on his Instagram where he was standing beside your house and the caption quoted 'Finally home'." Eric elaborated.

"Yeah he did visit but it was just a short trip. We literally saw him when we got back from school yesterday and just this morning he was already off." I said.

"That explains why I couldn't get the chance to see him. Y'all would have called me up immediately."

"Yeah, we know you're Clinton's favorite." Codie said, trying to hold his smile. Clinton and Eric were like cat and dog, always at each other's necks and always so competitive. The reason for their intense relationship still baffles me.

"Is that what he told you guys?"

"He mentioned it but I can't remember when." Codie replied.

"I knew it. I'm just too irresistible." Eric grinned and I grimaced before turning to the opposite direction and Codie followed suit.

"Jealousy killed the cat guys!" Eric shouted from behind us.

"No it didn't. Shut the hell up Page!" Codie said, equally yelling and drawing everyone's attention.

Just as we were about to reach the entrance to the music room, we also saw Zoe and Taylor coming in the opposite direction and I suddenly halted in my steps.

"What's wrong?" questioned Codie as he stopped beside me, looking ahead for any incoming danger or questionable action that made me abruptly stop.

"Nothing. Could you walk ahead of me please?" I pleaded and Codie furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but didn't question it and did as I told him for the first time in seventeen years.