WTHW(PROLOGUE)

WTHW(Prologue)  (unedited)

Two years ago...

COLE>

Everyone was gathered in the school auditorium for the welcome back speech to be given to us by the Principal. Summer was over and it was time to get back to school shenanigans. I smiled as I recalled getting into one or two fights this summer for absurd reasons which was still fun to me. People in the outskirts of my street tend to bully my twin and I ever so often, thinking we are inexperienced small kids. Too bad that we showed them who is boss.

I run my hand over my hair as I also relieve the sad memory of losing a great friend. Yesterday, it was officially a year since Deborah died and the memory left me feeling moody and on the edge. I still couldn't believe that's she was actually gone.

Clark was the major hit out of all of us. He missed school for almost eight months after her death and if not for our efforts, he wouldn't have considered coming back. The culprit that made our dear friend take her own life was walking freely in the school halls and we couldn't do anything about it.

This pissed me off. He needed to be thought a lesson. Although I didn't want to go to jail at age fifteen for committing murder.

I still remembered everything about little Debbie, her smile, her laugh and her cute dimple that always seemed to pop out. She was such a sweet girl that it hurt to see her being buried six feet under.

She didn't deserve to die, she deserved so much more.

The boys and I decided to start off another school year without troubling ourselves with Sullivan. Last year was messy as Leo and I almost got expelled twice for beating the shit out of him. Eric almost got arrested for storming into his house with a gun and Codie almost lost his life while trying to confront him.

We all had to back up our friend in his time of pain in one way or another.

Clark had tried his best in the past to keep his cousin from dating unknown guys but too bad we didn't know that Sullivan was a sneaky bastard.

I shot back to reality when I heard our principal spitting words from his mouth.

"Welcome back students, to your one and only school, Lakewood high" He paused to smile at us.

"I think Mr. Freeman had way too much burger this summer" Leo said, looking at our principal that was twice his size the last time we saw him in May.

"Tell me about it, he was as thin as a broom stick before" added Eric.

"Aren't you over exaggerating Eric? He was plump before" Clark said.

"Yeah but now he looks like he ate a whole family of elephants" Eric said, pulling on the strap of his bag. Ciara was by his side touching up her make up.

"Babe how does this colour look on me?" asked Ciara, showing her pink lips to Eric.

"I think the nude colour is better, brings out your eyes" Eric said before giving her a brief kiss causing me to almost puke.

Eric just started dating Ciara last year and they've been going strong ever since. He was a one woman kind of guy which never fitted well with me.

Like why have one, when you can have all.

"We have a lot of new students transferring in this year" I heard the principal say as I absentmindedly looked around to see that he was right. We were larger in number now.

I smiled at the thought of having more girls in my arms.

"There's this new girl transferring into our class, I think she's a foreign exchange student" Codie piped up, taking his eyes off his phone.

"What's her name?" asked Leo.

"Zola" Codie mumbled and we all burst out laughing.

What sort of name was that? I could already sense a geek alert.

"Are there any pictures of this 'creature'" I asked, in between laughs.

"Nope and there aren't any pics of the rest of the students except of some Spanish chick" Codie said, showing us her picture on his phone.

"Damn she's hot" Leo and I said in unison while Clark remained silent.

"Indeed she is" Codie added.

"You guys are such huge players" Clark said before rolling his eyes and focusing his attention away from us.

He was always the odd one out.

"Is she here?" I asked Codie, in hopes of getting her number before Leo.

"Calm down brother, she starts tomorrow" Codie said, making me scowl at him.

"She will be mine" Leo whistled and I fought the urge to hit him.

"Hey Cole" I turned my head at the sound of Jasmine's voice. She was one of my current flings. She sauntered up to me and placed her hand on my chest while pressing herself impossibly close to me.

I smiled at her and trailed kisses from her mouth to her neck while she shivered involuntarily.

"Hey babe, what's going on?" I said.

"Are we still on for tonight?" She asked while drawing circles on my chest.

"Yeah sure" I said as my eyes flew back to where the principal was standing but instead I saw Taylor Matthews, one of the brain freaks of this school.

"Get ready for me babe" Jasmine said as she tried opening a few buttons on my shirt.

I had zoned Jasmine out as soon as I saw the girl standing beside Taylor.

My heart actually stopped and I was paralyzed.

I couldn't take the beauty in front of me.

Black hair, green eyes, perfect lips and mind-shattering figure.

She looked so mischievous and damn, I wanted to explore . I was hoping to catch her eyes on me but they stayed glued to Taylor.

"Who is that?" the words flew out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"I think that's Zola, according to what Taylor said. Aren't you listening?" Codie asked.

So she was the Zola. The foreign exchange student.

"Where is she from?" I asked, my eyes not straying away from her.

"England" Codie replied.

Zola proceeded to grab the microphone from Taylor and once I heard her voice, I knew I was in deep trouble. I wanted this girl more than anything in this world and I was going to fight for her.

***

HEY GUYS! I FINALLY UPLOADED THE PROLOGUE OF 'WHAT THE HEART WANTS'. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS MY OTHER BOOKS.

*WTHW*

VOTE

COMMENT.