WTHW 6

WTHW 6 (UN-EDITED)

ZOE'S POV:

"Then everyone would know your secret and you'll have to answer to my parents, the police and the school..."

I jolted up from bed, sweating profusely.

Was it all a nightmare?

I slowly took in my surrounding.

I was in my room. That much I knew.

I was gradually coming to the realization that this must all be a dream until my eyes landed on the outfit.

The outfit I wore last night to meet with that deranged human Zed.

At the end of it all, it wasn't just a dream.

This was indeed reality and I sadly had to face it.

I collapsed back on my bed, groaning. I didn't even get enough sleep. All that kept circulating in my mind were the despicable things that dear Zed wanted to do and how he got me wrapped around his finger to do his dirty work for him.

Although, I couldn't do what he asked me to do. I just couldn't. I would forever live with the guilt if I ever attempted accomplishing his goal.

"I need you to help me take out one of the basketball players in the big game in a few weeks..."

I just couldn't understand why he couldn't do his dirty business by himself.

Freaking coward.

"Elton smith..."

I shook my head. I still couldn't bring myself to believe all he said about Elton.

"He got my girlfriend pregnant..."

Elton was actually a great guy. He was one of the many friends I made in Lakewood when I had originally arrived as a new student two years ago. Although, our friendship didn't last because we had different interests but we still acknowledged each other once in a while.

"He got my girlfriend pregnant after I had saved him from going to prison..."

Prison?

Should I just talk to Elton about it?

No. Bad idea.

Zed had walked out on me at the gymnasium last night after dropping this whole bomb on me. I was left staring at his retreating figure as I tried to understand what was going on.

What really was going on?

I always thought Zed was one of those nerds that had no life or didn't have many friends not to talk more of a girlfriend.

A girlfriend that I never noticed.

Maybe she didn't go to Lakewood because outside of the school gates, I had no idea what Zed's life was like.

He sounded strange last night, like a demon had suddenly possessed him to be threatening me like that and telling me to hurt another person just because he said so.

I bit down on my lower lip as I snuggled closer to my pillow. I didn't feel like going anywhere today but unfortunately I had to go to school which now gave me the creeps since after yesterday's event.

I was about to go back to bed and my eyes were almost half way closed when I suddenly heard a loud bang on my door.

"Zola Sienna Kingston!"

At the sound of my mom's voice, I quickly scurried out of bed.

There were only two reasons why Mom would come barreling at my door unexpectedly.