Two

'Yes! I can hear you!' she practically yelled back at me

'Yes! I can hear you!' she practically yelled back at me. Her emotions surged like a tidal wave, and I quickly used more mana to calm her down again. In the face of her pure happiness, I found myself smiling.

'Good. I was worried that these enchantments would also block telepathy, but thankfully, they don't. I'm going to ask you some questions. Is that alright?' I tentatively inquired. When she nodded, I continued, 'Very well. Let's start easy. What's your name?'

'Zanixa. It means my little flame.' The kit bared her fangs in an animalistic parody of a grin. It would've been terrifying had I been that easily scared, but a fox the size of a mouse didn't intimidate me much.

'It's nice to meet you, Zanixa. You know this already, but I am Thoysal, the vampire that lives with the Sharion pack,' I introduced myself. 'Are you aware that the people here are werewolves?'

She shook her head in utter confusion. 'No? Is that why all their eyes are amber, like a wolf's?'

'Yes. Only the Alpha, Oscen, has blue eyes in wolf form. His family is interesting that way. The Alpha and the Ira are the leaders of the pack,' I said. The basic werewolf information would have to do for now. First, I needed more information from her. 'Anyhow. Do you know what year it is?'

'I have no idea. When I was captured, it was mid-summer, 13.978 after the creation of the Second Generation,' she replied.

Now it was my turn to freeze in shock. I tried to keep the worst of my reaction from our link, but some still got through. That poor kit had no idea how much time had passed. It made me wonder just where they had kept her all this time. I would have to question Oscen soon.

Her confused and scared whine shook me out of my thoughts. How could I possibly bring this information to her? After taking a moment to collect my thoughts, I said, 'It's winter, 14.251 years after the Second Generation of gods was created. You have been in that bottle for over two and a half centuries.'

Pain exploded across the telepathic link the moment she understood what I'd said. I put up a block to protect myself from the brunt of it, casting my eye away from her to give her some privacy. Although I could see her body racking with pained whimpers, the bottled let no sound through.

"Is she alright?" Maflar asked softly, face set in a worried frown. His mate wore the same expression. The two Omegas must have sensed the sudden switch in Zanixa's emotions.

"She will be. She just needs time," I assured them. As I spoke, I watched blood dripping from her tail where she'd scratched herself. When it hit the bottom of the bottle, it sunk into it, dyeing the glass crimson before it returned to its crystal color.

After several minutes of trying to calm her down with my magic, I dared to reach out again. 'Zanixa?'

'Yes?' she said, voice still tinged with heartbreak.