VII. Dances To Hell

"...And that's it." Damon finishes his full 47 minutes and 32 seconds story.

"So, basically, Elena went to this trip to figure out her feelings for you, hoping you would screw up, so her choice between you and Stefan to be much easier, but you kissed and now is even more complicated?" I summarize his story.

"Yeah, if you want to drop all the fun parts..." I laugh.

"So will you go to the decade dance together?" He shakes head as no.

"She asked Stefan." I look down little sad. "Hey, what is this look?" I tell him the whole me and ripper story. "You were with my brother?" He looks surprised and disgusted.

"Call it even?" I ask and we laugh. "Hey, you want to come to the dance with me?"

"Is this how you ask someone? No wonder you're single.." He teases me. "Of course I do, Selly." We smile. "Can I stay here? I don't want to see my brother right now..."

"Sure, buddy." He jump on my bed and lay on my cover. "Can you move?" I ask, but he doesn't move.

 "Can you move?" I ask, but he doesn't move

"Fine." I say pulling the cover hard, making him roll down to the ground.

"That wasn't nice." He states and goes up. He lays on the one side and I on the other. "Sweet dreams, Selly. Try to not attack me this night." He smirks.

"You, too, buddy." I return and turn off the lights..

I wake up in the morning and notice my friend is not here anymore. I walk downstairs to see him dancing, drinking bourbon and making pancakes in the kitchen.

"What a man, what a man, what a man..." He sings with the radio and sees me "Morning, sunshine!" I look at him weird and sit down. He puts two pancakes onto a plate and sets it in front of me. "Eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." He touches my nose and gulps from the bottle. "What a man, what a man, what a man, What a mighty good man, hey..."

"You're in a good mood. Weird. Why?"

"You know, you should try work on your negativity." He gives me the bottle and I sip from it. "Better?"

"Yes." I answer. "Now tell me why."

"Ain't nothin' but a heartache..." He points me to continue.

"Damon!" He rises his eyebrows with a smile and I roll yes. "Tell me why, ain't nothing but a mistake..."

"That's a spirit, wow! So, when I woke up, I realize I don't have to be good or hero, since Elena asked Stefan and we all know what that means... I can finally have fun!" He takes a big gulp from the bourbon.

"So you'll kill people, because you're hurt, but will pretend everything is just fine and get drunk?"

"That's what I said, FUN!" We laugh. "Besides, I will have the best date for the dance ever. This is for you." He gives me a little box. I look at him confused and take it. I open it and smile. There's a corsage in it.