Studio

JOHN'S POV

I was sitting in to corner of the studio strumming my bass. Wondering if I would come up with a good bass line. It had been so easy in the past so why was it so difficult now? I let my head fall back and my mind wander. 

Ooh boy. I wonder what everyone else is doing right now. I wonder what they're all thinking right now. Do they think about me? When they do think of me what do they think. John don't you think that's a little egotistical assuming they think about you. But they must if I'm part of their lives and a big one too. I mean if it wasn't for me we would have to go on another search for a bass player. I wonder what our fans think of me? I wonder if people who aren't a fan of us... 

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a pair of lips on my neck. I look up and saw Freddie smiling down at me. I stood up quickly as if that would hide anything. 

"Freddie. Wh-what are you doing here? I thought you were writing today. "

He smiled, "I wanted to see how my favorite bass player was doing." He stepped closer to me. My stomach was full of butterflies. Freddie and I always had something special going on but he had never kissed me an in the studio of all places. People could come in and see us. 

"I um, I was just trying to write a bass line but can't come up with anything." I put my bass down. "Why are, why did you kiss me?" 

Freddie laughed, "I knew I had you all alone while the others are busy with family or whatever. I wanted to see you." He stepped closer and kissed me on the lips. I couldn't process it and so I pulled away and stepped past Freddie. 

"Did I do something wrong?" He looked at me, hands on hips. 

I shook my head and turned to him, " No you didn't I just wasn't expecting all of this. It's not bad believe me. I like it all. But I can't process it. I-" He cut me off again with a kiss on the lips. This time he placed his hand on the back of my head so I couldn't pull away. 

It was fantastic. Exciting and calming. Like nobody could touch what we had. I'd never experienced something so amazing. I pulled away and rest my forehead on Freddie's. I laughed still breathing heavy because of the kiss.  

After what seemed like an eternity of staring into Freddie's beautiful eyes, the door popped open and Roger yelled, "Surprise!" Brian trailed behind him. 

Brian was shaking his head, "I told him not to do this I told him not to." He stopped in his tracks and caught my eyes. I was sure the color had drained from my face. I tried turning my head but I was in shock. I moved my eyes to see a sight I never thought I would see. A speechless Roger. 

I finally managed to move my head and I looked over to Freddie who was still smiling as cheeky as ever. 

He walked out and winked at me. Roger just stumbled back before turning to leave. Brian walked over to me and helped me sit down on the sofa. 

"John, are you okay?" 

"I, I don't know." 

"If it makes you feel any better Roger and I really don't care. We said this when we decided you were going to be our bass player. Its the personality that matters."

I nodded, still trying to process what happened. 

"Well I'm gonna head home. And you should too, grab a drink of beer or whiskey. You're fine, mate. I'll see you." He shook my shoulder before standing up to leave. I sat there for a minute before standing up and putting my bass in its case and leaving.