Something More

Even after the 20 minute cab ride back from the studio I was still shaking. I went from being  happy to shocked and scared and comforted by Brian. I managed to walk to my door and get inside without realizing it. 

I rested my bass against the wall near the door before walking to the kitchen where I poured myself some whiskey over ice. I took a sip then chugged the whole thing down. I was about to pour myself another. As I was chugging this one down my phone rang. I downed the whiskey and picked up the phone.

"Hello? Who is it?"

"Its Freddie. Can I come over?" He wants to come over. Oh god he wants to come over. 

"Uhm sure, yeah." 

"Great, I'll be over soon." Oh god. He's going to be here soon. I looked in my liquor cabinet  found a bottle of Moet. I found two champagne flukes and placed the on the counter next to the Moet. Before I forgot I made sure to put away the whiskey and the cup. 

I twiddled my thumbs and tried to calm myself down. What scared me most was knowing Brian and Roger knew. It almost brought me to tears but I held back. I couldn't have Freddie see me like that. Although he would probably figure out anyways. He had a sense for that sort of thing.  He always was so caring. He made me feel good like I could be a better version of myself. Like I  can do more than just sit back and play bass next to Roger. I never felt like that with anyone else before. 

I was snapped out of my day dream by a knocking on the door. It was Freddie. I took a deep breath before standing up and going to the door. My hand shook profusely as I reached for the handle. I drew it back and clenched it before reaching for the door handle again. Opening it this time.

"Hello Fred, come on in." I stepped aside so he could enter. 

"This is quite cozy, it suits you." He walked towards the kitchen and I followed wondering what else he would say.

"I uh got some Moet for you." I managed to step in front of him so I could get to the counter. I poured two flukes of Moet and handed one to Freddie. 

"So why exactly are you here?" I sipped slowly trying to be as calm as I could. 

"Well I wanted to talk more about what happened at the studio." I nodded. 

"How about we sit on the sofa." I walked over and sat down. Freddie followed slowly. 

"I just want to say I'm sorry if I scared you. I knew something was there and I really wanted to confirm that. I'm also sorry about Roger. I didn't think he would do that."

I smiled, "It's okay. Don't worry about it. Brian talked to me after you two left. And it helped a bit. I'm still trying to process this all."

"So do you want there to be something more between us? Because I really do." I glanced up to Freddie. He seemed nervous. I mean I think, I had never seen him nervous before. 

"I do. I never thought I would actually say it but I do want something more between us. I have for a while but you know me. I'm so shy I barely talk in interviews, let alone tell one of the most iconic people ever that I like them." I huffed and smirked. I forced myself to hold Freddie's gaze. 

Freddie laughed, "Oh John, you always did know how to flatter a person. I was just waiting for it to happen to me." We both laughed until our eyes caught again. 

This time I leant in for a kiss. And just like before it was magical. As close to perfect as you can get. There was no way I was letting this go.