"The Amulets Chose Us." (Part 2)

Clang.

Metal crashed on metal as Aja and Jim fought.

Night had fallen on Arcadia, and the two were fully armored up, practicing their skills in Aja's backyard by her pool. Something rustled in the trees beyond her fence but Jim didn't glance back, too focused on their mock-fight.

Aja's sword struck his sword arm, yet he felt no pain. His blue and silver sword flung out of his hand and clattered on the ground nearby. Aja put her sword on his chest lightly.

"I beat you, again." She laughed, sheathing her sword against her silver and yellow-orange armored back. "What's that, the 8th time?"

Jim grinned. "I'll get you next time."

Something rustled in the bushes again and Jim picked up his sword, the heavy metal feeling awkward in his grasp.

Aja was an amazing swordfighter, with seemingly natural abilities with her sword, though she said that she'd never fought with one before. Something told Jim that wasn't true, but he ignored it.

She wouldn't lie straight to my face, would she? He thought.

He had began to trust the strange new girl, her abilities in battle and brains really proving useful. She was still weird, he had to admit, but he could see a blooming friendship ahead of them.

~

Something stepped out of the bushes, something dark bluish with six glowing yellow eyes. The rest of it was swathed in shadow, but from what Jim could tell through the fence it was definitely not human.

"Another bounty hunter?" Aja growled, her voice full of venom. She raised her sword.

"Show yourself, beast!" She yelled out. Something much larger crashed in the trees and she seemed to shrink under her armor, her blue eyes glowing with fear.

The fence exploded.

A large, stony hand reached through and cleared some splinters away before the blue creature walked into the light from the house across the pool. Behind it came a huge hulking creature, its stony gray skin gleaming dully and the bit of green hair it had rustled in the wind.

Aja stepped instinctively closer to Jim, but her was too dumbstruck to notice her.

"What are you?" Jim tried to say bravely, but his voice only came out as a terrified squeak.

"MASTER JIM! MASTER AJA!" The blue one with four arms cried out, rushing towards them on his stumpy legs.

"Seklos and Gaylin!" Aja yelped as they were squeezed together in a tight hug. Jim was smushed close to Aja and he noticed her blush.

The creature finally let them go and Jim groaned, rubbing his side.

"The first human Trollhunters! I had heard rumors, but I never believed them to be true!" The blue creature exclaimed.

"Ehem, Akiridion, actually." Aja corrected him.

"What?" Jim asked, looking over at her in confusion.

"Nothing!" She said, shrinking in her armor.

Jim narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously before looking back at the creature. "What are you?"

"Blinkous Galadrigal, at your service." The creature said with a bow. The big stony gray one came up behind him.

"Trolls." He said simply.

"My large friend here is AAAARGH!!!." Blinkous said with a nod.

"Blinky." The large troll said, pointing to Blinkous.