9- The Doctor is in The House

Jamie's POV

Anne's hand fit in mine and I lead us toward the Devil's doctor office. I felt cold sweats starting to occur and my body was burning up.

Our feet made pattering sounds as we walked on the cement floors, hiding in the shadows. It was quite hard to see in the dark.

'Of course, it is.'

"Jamie, where are we going? I'm scared," Anne whispers.

My hand tightens its grip on hers, trying to comfort her as much as possible. Anne whimpers but stays quiet while we were heading to the...doctor's office.

"We are heading to the Chapel. God can help us there. He is always there," I stated.

I lurk deeper into the dark shadows, hearing doors slamming open and close. I let go of Anne's hand, waving her back.

"Stay here. I'm going to check if the coast is clear. I'll call you when it is safe."

I begin to walk but Anne pulls me back.

"No, no Jamie, don't leave me alone."

'Stock, this isn't a good idea.'

'She needs to come with us,'

'Terrible feeling...that is all I am feeling.'

My throat starts to tighten, but I fight off the urge to allow her to follow me.

"Shh, I know. I will be back in one minute. I promise. Just give me one minute, that's all I need."

Anne let me go with great hesitation and I smile warmly at her,

"Don't worry," I whisper.

My body faces away from her as I got goosebumps from a cold breeze. A shiver runs down my spine but I keep a straight face and start to walk.

Another door slams shut next to me. My head turns.

Nothing.

'Just keep walking.'

'No one is here Jamie.'

'Wait! There is a guard in the room where we...well murdered Jane!'

'Let's end him,'

I crouch down immediately and sneak into the room, hiding behind the curtains. The guard turns his head to me causing me to slap my hand against my mouth. His footsteps became louder as he neared his way closer to me.

I stood up and grabbed a handful of the curtains, getting ready to do something.

'Jamie, throw it over him and run!'

'Find a sharp object and stab him!'

Before the guard could come any closer, I let out a warrior cry and startled him. The curtain was thrown over him and I ran. My eyes wandered to the table I hid under, seeing a pair of scissors laying on top of it.

I sprint and grab it. The guard removes the curtains from himself and pointed his gun toward me. Before he was able to do anything...I stab the scissors into his neck, tasting his red blood.

He fell onto the ground with a struggle, shooting a few bullets while doing so.

"I'm sorry! I need to get to heaven," My voice shudders.

"J-Jamie?" Anne yelps.

I turn my head to see her peeking from the door. Letting out a deep breath, Anne sprints into my arms, holding my cheeks in her hands. I rest my forehead against hers, closing my eyes with content.