Chapter 3

2:30pm

I have decided to shower and clean myself up, I didn't want them to think badly of me. I wore a black shirt, navy blue jeans and a flannel shirt. I also added mascara and a little bit of lipstick so that my face doesn't look boring. I wanted to impress them.

3:50pm

I decided to go for A walk and think a little but but before I left I added lipgloss on. Ponyboy told me to be safe and be aware of the socs so I was kind of scared and always jumpy when I heard a noise. But I was fine, I even decided to run to the diner to get milkshake. There was some guys that looked like they may be socs but I just assumed so I shook it off. I was almost done as I realized there was the guy I was talking about. I could feel the sense the he was starting at me so I said "can I help you?" Looking at him as I gave him a mean stare. "Don't get so fussy". I can already tell that he was one of the boys Ponyboy told me to be aware of. "Are you new around here. I have never seen you before..?" He asked with a smirk on his fair coloured face. "Yeah actually iam." I said as in a reply. "Do you live on the no good hood side." He asked while giving a cocky look. "No actually I don't." I answer as a lie. "Well maybe we can hang yunno. If your okay with giving me you address.?" I filed my eyes looking at the time realizing it's passed 5:10 and I told Johnny I would be at the Curtis' at 5:30. "Shoot I gotta go" I said running out of the diner leaving my milkshake. "Nice seeing ya." The boy that I still haven't caught his name. I just lied to get out of there. They didn't live that far even if I left around 5:20 I would have been fine.

5:28pm

I knocked on there door and Steve answered the door. "And who could you be?" "Uuhh..." I said so confused knowing that he didn't remember me from last night. He had chocolate in the crevasses on his lips. "HEY (Y/N) COME IN" Johnny yelled running to the door. "Thanks" I looked down scared, feeling eyes beaming on me. "Everyone this is
(Y/N) if you remember her from last night or not then well there you go" Ponyboy said out of breath, he came from running from the kitchen cooking dinner for all of us. "Come sit" Dallas have tapped the spot next to him. I smiled and thought "wow he actually remembered knowing I have no clue what he did or went last night." He asked me quitly about how I was feeling about moving and just how I have been feeling in general. I just responded saying "it's alright. Nothing really changed." I told him that I ran into a soc today. I also told him that I told the soc that I lived in the same area as him just because I didn't feel like getting cut up today. He looked at me with a big grin and a soft laugh. I blushed but nothing romantically.

7:20pm

We all finished eating and we ate chocolate cake which tasted so good but before you know it, it was all over Steve and two-bits face! They looked at me shocked saying "oh... were you wanting more" with wide eyes. I laughed and just said "no" because I didn't want to be rude.
Darry and I sat down at the table and we talked for about 10 minutes about myself until two-bit, Johnny, Dally, Sodapop and Ponyboy came into the kitchen and interrupted Darry and I's conversation but I didn't really care. We played games and talked until it was around 10:00pm and I needed to go home, I start school tomorrow. Before I left I told everyone I had an amazing night, and it was nice meeting them. I also told them that the dinner they cooked up was lovely. Darry watched me walked walked to my house even though I all I did was cross the yard but he made sure I was safe. "Are we picking you up in the morning?" Darry asked as I was opening my door. "Yeah. What time do I be ready for?" " 8:30. We pick up Johnny in the morning." I just gave the thumbs up, smiled and walked inside.