SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS➖FOURTEEN

Without thinking I run out of Xander's room.

"Maria." Chance calls out but I ignore.

I walk into the corridor only to see Zach struggling to get up from the wooden floor, he suddenly turns to face me, and he instantly smiles, i don't fail to notice the contusion on his face and his busted lip.

Irritated, I avert my gaze from him to glare at Xander only to see him walking hurriedly out of the corridor.

"Xander wait!" I immediately call out about to follow behind him when someone firmly grips my wrist .

"I'm here." Xander whispers calmly, I turn to face him stupefied.

"But I thought.... Who was that then...." I question, with a puzzling expression. Trying my best to catch a glimpse at the shadow but nothing comes to view.

"It was no body, it's time for you to go home." Xander snappishly replies but I continue to insist nonetheless.

"But I'm pretty sure I saw..."

He tightens his grip around my wrist and i hold on to my breath as he drags me to the direction that leads to his room.

Immediately we reach his room, he lets go of my hand and I regain my breath, glaring at his back as he hastily grab my books from his bed. "I'll admit that Zach is a complete douche but did you have to beat him up? he's your brother for Christ's sake!" I complain clearly to myself as unbordered Xander continues to arrange my books into my bag.

"Here." He hands me my bag and before I can put it on, he grabs ahold of my hand, leading me out of his room.

There's just something about Xander that I can't place, it's like.... he's hiding something.

Or maybe he clearly just don't want me around.

There are times where we are getting along and before i blink my eyes, he's back, not wanting me around as if i was trouble.

Completely lost In my thought, i miss my step causing me to loose my balance, a squeal leaves my lips as I crash against the floor.

"M-Mari!" A voice yell, causing me to bulge my eyes out of shock, the voice clearly do not belong to Xander, I lift my eyes up to see Xander, wide eyed staring at me worriedly, following the place the sound came from, I turn my head towards the door beside me, the door that reads stay away.

"Who's there?" I ask turning to face Xander as he helps me up.

"Chance!" Xander replies, too quickly, "he calls it his lair. Are you okay?"

I nod absently, roaming my eyes around the door as Xander leads me outside.

I know Chance's voice when I hear it, the voice clearly do not belong to Chance.

And why does he always rush when we're passing that room, this isn't the first time, if we had walked a little slower I wouldn't have fallen.

What the hell is Xander hiding.

We finally make it out of his house, making our way to his motorbike, as soon as we reach Xander straps an helmet on my head.

"Next time watch where you walk Shakespeare." He mumble, frowning as he climbs into his bike.

Letting an irritated sigh pass my lips I follow behind him, settling my hands on his shoulders before he drives off.

The ride was fast as always and we reached my place in no time.

I step out of his bike, handing his helmet to him.
He grabs it without even giving me a glance, "I'm sorry for going to your house, I didn't know you'll get mad, it won't happen again I promise and as for Zach I'm sorry I had to make you fight your brother." I rushly apologize before turning around and heading straight to the house.