SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS➖TWENTY FOUR

Should I change the cover of the book to this one???

XAVIER ADONIS

The night would have been perfect, and my mind wouldn't have been going amiss as my eyes ran over her small form perched against the passenger seat inside my now repaired car, thanks to Chance. With a small sigh, I unstrap the seat belt secured around her, carefully placing her in my arms, she stirs a little but thankfully doesn't wake up. The so called body guard mother had hired last four years ago, helpful as he shuts the door close and follows behind me opening the door that led into my house.

Mari's mother had informed me about Sarah's demise, shortly after informing Mari, and had asked if she could stay with me, because being at home or at the hospital could add more sting to her wounds, and that was the last thing I or her parents wanted.

I knew the bond she shared with Sarah and how impossible it would be for her to get over her death, it could take months, years even and i wanted to be beside her through it all.

The minute I enter into the house, I come face to face with naturally unbordered Xander. We shared a look and I take notice how for a second he tilt his lips about to smile-or at least try, but then held it in as he saw the state Mari was in, positioned in my arms, the tears on her face and how probably low-spirited I looked, with two of the buttons on my dress shirt undone, the tie around my neck slacking on the verge of falling and my hair disheveled yet on a messy bun.

His shoulders tense, worry visible in his eyes, "What happened?" He whispers, loud enough for me to hear and low to not wake her up.

I let out a shaky breath, reflexively gripping my hold on Mari, I knew how much Sarah meant to her, she was basically her only friend, "Sarah is dead."

"How is that possible?" He questions taken aback by my sudden confession.

"I still don't know yet." I admit and he gives me a small nod, glancing at Mari before opening the door to my room for me.

"If you need anything, I'll be in my room." He informs forthrightly and I nod stepping into my room.

I walk toward my bed gently setting Mari on it and she tenses, slightly opening her eyes and letting it run down my features. I take my hands off her body, but then her hands reach for my shirt, gripping onto it.

"X-xavy, d-don't go." She whispers, her voice shaky and barely audible. My brows quirk at the hidden meaning behind her plea, I stable my voice trying to hide how affected her situation made me.

"I'm here Mari and I'm never leaving you." I instantly reply, brushing strands of her hair away from her face. "I'll take your gown off so you can sleep comfortably, how does that sound?." She nods and i pull her up carefully unzipping her gown and letting it pass through her legs, I cover her bare chest with my sheets before tossing the gown into the chair beside my bed.

I'm about to walk to my closet but then small hands holds me tight again, I turn towards her, running my hands down her bare back hoping it soothes her, "I'm just going to bring a shirt for you, I'm right here Mari, I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

I tell her and she nods rolling into a ball the minute I leave her, I could feel a pang of pain jab at my chest and I knew it was because of Mari, it hurts more when she was sad or in trouble but I could never admit this to her or to anybody. I pull my clothes off wearing just a sweat pants taking a T shirt in my hand.