Tests

Summary: Wally and Avery highly suspect that Emma has some special powers. But how can they be sure?

Pairings: OC / Wally West (platonic)

Warnings: none really

Word Count: Approx. 3800

A Note: Avery Yu belongs to  @audreyandherocs @audreythetealovingcat  on Tumblr 

The drive to the Flash Museum was over before the fourth song on Emma's favorite Switchfoot cd started. The museum was laid out in a circular pattern, so they decided to just follow the circle, stopping at whatever looked interesting. 

The first exhibit was dedicated to the various speedsters throughout history, with a small statue and name plaque for each; with Flash and Kid Flash at the center. The base depicted scenes from some of the battles each speedster had won and quotes from the grateful people they had helped, along with information about numerous charities they had worked with. Wally grinned as he read a quote from a little girl saying how Kid Flash was her favorite hero. Fortunately, neither of his friends noticed him tear up a touch; he remembered this little girl in particular. 

Emma stared in awe at the polished bronze statues of Flash and Kid Flash towering above them. "I still can't get over the fact that this city has an actual museum to him. In Chicago, they pretty much either hated superheroes or were mostly neutral. It's so different seeing people like, actually embrace Flash and Kid Flash. 

"How could they hate superheroes? All the good they do? And the people they save? I don't get it," Wally asked.

Emma shrugged. "I don't get it either. It didn't use to be like that, from what I can remember. When I was a real little kid we had a handful of superheroes, and the police loved them. They worked with them. But then something happened. I'm not sure what, my dad wouldn't tell me. It was right before we moved here." 

Avery nodded. "So, is that why? Is that maybe why your father doesn't seem to like metas?"

Emma shook her head. "I wish it was. But no. He's always hated them. I don't get it. He doesn't like anything that's different."

Avery sensed Emma's frustration bubbling to the surface in a prickling sensation on her skin and quickly redirected the conversation. "Well we're here to enjoy the museum, and none of us feel that way. So let's enjoy it while we're here." 

The next exhibit mirrored the first, being dedicated to the Rogues Gallery. Now it was Emma's turn to sense Avery's mood shift. She could feel the girl's visceral hatred for Vandal Savage. Emma had never really heard much about the evil immortal, so she had no reason to hate him so intensely herself. But she found her stomach knotting and her hands clenched into fists without her control. She heard herself making a low growling noise in the back of her throat as she stared at the hologram of Savage. She heard Avery's voice in her mind as clearly as if she were speaking. A tirade of Chinese spilled from Avery's mind; Emma was surprised to find she could make out a cuss word here and there. Taking her friend by the shoulders, she motioned to Wally it was time to move on. 

As they passed the restaurant, Emma paused and tilted her head towards Wally. Did he just? She frowned. He did. She turned to face him and chuckled. "Wally. How can you possibly be hungry again already? We just got here!" 

Wally raised his brows at Avery quickly,  then squinted at Emma. He hadn't said anything. But he had been thinking about how good a pizza sounded. 

Well, it is about lunch time, and it's been a few hours since we ate breakfast. Avery tested Emma to see if she heard. 

Sure enough, Emma did hear. She turned to Avery. "I guess you're right. I didn't realize it was this late already. Let's eat while we're here."