Chapter 2; Healing

(Following Link's point of view)

A white noise filled the Hylian's ears, causing him to groan gently and raise a shaky hand to rub his temples. He felt a weight on his body, and a familiar scent of salt and the sound of rushing water. It could only be Zora's Domain. Link's eyes fluttered open, finding himself in a dimly lit room with closed curtains.
He moved to get up, and immediately regretted it as pain raked his body. Never the less, he bit back the pain with a hiss and stumbled to the window. His small pale hands tugged back the curtains, and shielded his eyes from the harsh light. Once adjusted, he could assume he was most definitely in the domain. His second realization is that it was mid-afternoon judging by the sun.
He pulled the curtains closed again and staggered back, picking his brain to try and remember how and why he got here.

'I was heading here....'

Began his thoughts,

'and I decided to take the safer route over the mountains and avoid Lizalfos.... then it began to rain and...'

He cringed.

"You fell down the cliff."

   A deep voice sounded behind him, sounding amused as if reading his mind. Link whirled around, (another big mistake of pain) meeting eyes with the Zora prince himself. Sidon. His eyes were tired, yet filled with relief.

Link limped over to the prince gently, pulling him down to eye level to inspect his face. Sidon gave a questioning expression, but said nothing. The champion sighed, notching the dark circles under his friend's eyes.

"Don't worry champion. I was just worried for you. You were asleep for two days."

Taken aback, Link let go of Sidon with a flinch of guilt.

"Sorry..."

   He uttered the same words spoken to Zelda before he had left. She was right. He isn't a man of many words. Apologies seemed to be the only things that came out of his mouth as of late.

"Do not worry. I am glad you are alright. But may I ask what on earth happened?"

   The red Zora knelt down, and held Link's gaze. The hero stared back, taking a moment to gather his words.

"I .. was coming here... and it started raining."

He explained slowly, which Sidon nodded in understanding.

"I'd gathered that friend. But why? Did Zelda send you for diplomacy reasons?"

Link shook his head. That was far from the truth, as he was planning to visit all his friends across the map starting with the Domain.

"You were... visiting..?"

This time he responded with a nod, offering a gentle smile. Sidon chuckled to himself,

"While I appreciate the thought, if you get yourself killed before you reach the domain, it would have been for not."

    Link avoided Sidon's gaze, genuinely embarrassed by the fact he'd completely tumbled down that mountain as if he'd never been climbing before. It was the Prince's voice that dragged him from his thoughts.

"Don't worry about it friend. You're alright now and that's what matters. Once you're all healed.. I'd love to go swimming with you. It's been a while since I've had the chance."

   Link smiled with a nod,

"I'll take you up on that offer."

    Sidon gave a close eyed smile,

"Good... now rest up. Healing requires sleep."

   The champion gave Sidon a playful salute and a laugh.

"Alright- But... I've been sleeping for two days..."

"No matter! You feel tired no?"

     Link slowly nodded, the exhaustion never left his body even after waking up for his body was still healing from its tumble.

"Then rest. I'll check up on you in a few hours."

    The two parted with the promise they would both take some time to rest, and talk again in a few hours. Happiness and fulfillment missed in the past few months swelled in their chests, and a forgotten bond rekindled... they were excited to see where things would lead.