THIRTY

liv🥰
josh we need to talk
like asap
meet me in starbucks at 12?

joshy🤠
uh yeah ok
is everything ok?
i cant stand pretending we're happy and everything is ok online
i don't like lying

liv🥰
i'll tell you when we meet
yeah me too
it's not like i've been doing it for a month
[ERASED]

joshy🤠
ok ill see you there

———————————————————————

OLIVIA sat in the well used tub chair, dirling her leg and biting her nails, she had never been this nervous in her life, she was tempted to just call the thing off, but Josh deserved to know the truth, but she was terrified she was going to break his heart. She keeps checking her phone every five minutes, in five minutes Josh would walk through the front door and the thought of that made Olivia nearly cry. Olivia loved to be in control, she loved to be organised and the fact that she was none of these things right now sent her even more, she felt sick in the back of her throat and her hands had a cold sweat, she felt ill but she knew she had to get through with it.

JOSH spotted the short hair brunette from a mile off, she was the most beautiful girl in the room. He knew Olivia was hiding something, he could see it was eating her up inside, she needed to tell it before it drove her insane. Josh went and sat in the seat opposite her, she looked everywhere but at him, whatever she was going to say, it was going to be big.
"I just want for you to shut up and listen to me while i explain myself okay?" She rushed her words, wanting to get this over and done with as soon as possible.
"Okay, so you know on Christmas Eve and how you couldn't come over because of your arm, so i was all alone and kind of drunk-" Olivia could feel herself burning up.
"I heard a knock at my front door so i opened it up and George was there and-" Josh interrupted Olivia.
"You slept with George didn't you" He didn't take his eye off the table, tears were slowly but surely making their way down Olivia's face.
"Josh, please i'm so sorry it was a one time mistake, i would never ever intend to hurt you"
She sniffled while fully crying now.
"I knew" He said bluntly, still solely focusing on the table.
"What?" Olivia whimpers.
"I knew you and George had something going on, I knew it from the day we met, George is the only boy on your mind" He finally looks up at the tear stained girl. Olivia stayed silent.
"Friends?" He held his hand out for Olivia to shake it.
"Best friends" Olivia shook it, laughing slightly.
There was a silence between them, but not an awkward one, it was good to have closure for the both of them, and it was even better they were on good terms. They both hugged each other for what seemed an eternity, they then parted ways separately.