Laurence

There was a large wedding in the spring, just after Josephine March published her very first novel.  The bride was dressed in the finest Parisian silk gown.  She was the picture of elegance as she gazed in utter adoration at her new husband.  Extravagant gifts of all kinds arrived at the March house the week leading up to the wedding, with the most important people pausing to wish the bride and groom well after the ceremony.  They were showered in love by her family, and her sisters in particular.  They gathered around the golden haired baby of the family, now a married woman.  Watching sweet Amy leave with Fred, Jo could not help but reminisce on her own wedding, just a few months prior.  It had been a much smaller affair.  Only she and Laurie's family had been in attendance.  They married in the woods, near an old fence.  Where once there was only pain, now there was laughter.  There, Jo pledged her life to her very dearest friend, and Laurie to his.  He approached her now, laying his hand on her newly expectant middle and capturing her lips in a tender kiss.

I wish I could tell you, dear reader, that there were never any quarrels between them.  That they lived happily ever after in wedded bliss.  But where would the fun be in that?