Chapter Ten

“In just about one minute you’re gonna wake up, but you’ll be too drowsy to leave here alone and your legs won’t work just yet.”

She got out a pile of clothes that were definitely hers and dressed me.

I watched in astonishment, still shocked from what I’d just heard and hardly noticed how I started gliding back into my body, slowly but surely. I had expected my mind to be slow, or my reactions, but none of this ever happened. All that came was an alertness I had seldom felt before. I grabbed the pair of shoes Sarah gave me, put them on and was by the door as quick as a flash.

“Rae? You okay? Any feelings of sickness?” Sarah asked putting back the covers dutifully, then messing them up again.

“But we need to leave. NOW.” Something told me that we were in danger. Sarah gave me a weird look but then reacted as quick as a fox.

“Not through the door, through the window.”  I ordered, the words coming out of my mouth before I had time to stop myself.

Sarah nodded, opened a window and climbed out.

I followed her, with a glance back, making sure everything looked alright. Stepping out behind her, I nearly fell down, but was just able to stop myself. Looked like my legs might not be in such great shape after all. We were 12 stories above the ground. 

“Shit.” I said, my knees shaking, Sarah on the other hand, was calm she actually seemed content. She stepped past me and closed the window. (I still don’t know how) Then she turned around and took hold of my hand.

“Just hold my hand and you’ll be fine. C’mon!” She smiled reassuringly, taking a step forward and vanished. I screamed, looking down, expecting to see her body flying downwards, but there was nothing there.

“Look up.” I did and saw Sarah’s face peering at me.

“Come in, before someone sees you up here.” She said and pulled me towards her.

(Please don't forget to vote and comment!)