Chapter One

"Margo!"  Demi shouts next to me, loud enough to make my ears ring.

"Coming!" Margo calls back, tugging on her boots as she pulls the front door closed behind her - almost toppling over in the process. I can't help but smile at her ever- catastrophic appearance. Though her appearance had changed since I'd last seen her, swapping trim white tresses for a pixie cut, pulling attention to her large doe eyes. The hazel pools still rippled with every emotion the small girl felt and she still swept into every moment like a whirlwind of energy. Still, she managed to look immaculate, as always.

"I'm soooooo hungry! I haven't hunt- I mean eaten properly in two days!" Demi started talking as soon as we were out the door.

"Did you just say hunt?" I blinked at her.

I began to wonder if she was alright, I'd known Demi all my life, she was always perfect and loved to point out people's speaking, writing or actually anybody's faults. She would always point out how she was never wrong herself.

"N-no...erm...I-I..." she stuttered,

Also not at all Demi.

She blushed and turned away.

"Be careful with her, she broke up with James two days ago, she's only just recovering." Margo whispered and grabbed my arm.

She was Demi's sister, only 2 months separated them. Demi was adopted, so was Margo. Both of the didn't look anything like their foster parents. Demi was tall, with long elegant legs and fingers. Her hair was jet black and deadly straight. She had beautiful eyes that could look into your soul. She had a piercing look that attracted many men. Often she wore dark make-up to intensify her glare and the strong brown colour, to have more of an effect. Her skin had an olive tone. Everyone I knew envied or hated her for her beauty.

Except for me. I had seen her in ugly and embarrassing moments. I had no reason to be envious.

Margo on the other hand was small, but slim. Her hair was fair, almost white and she had doe eyes that could mirror so many different feelings. They rarely managed to look truly innocent. Margo also had the most enchanting laugh that added to her good looks. I knew nobody who didn't love Margo at first sight.

For some reason, I hadn't. I had always favoured Demi. I just always had felt better with her, but Margo didn't mind. Not that it was obvious anyway. I was adopted as well, not resembling my parents in many ways. I wasn't exactly very outstanding compared to my friends and family either. According to our parents, they found us all together and they just had to get all of us.

Our parents had known each other forever. My mum had known Leya since they were babies and Rick and my dad had grown up together. They all met by coincidence. Ever since then it had always been us three. Joined by the hips, until I changed schools and went to school in London. My parents and I had massive fallouts until I finally left for a school that had offered me a place. 

The only problem was that Demi and Margo hadn't been able to come with me. So I left them behind, my best friends needless to say. It was hard at first but I soon met new people, nice friends and I felt better being away from my parents. I got on better with them from afar. I visited them a lot so they were happy. I was content. I only had another year to go. It would be fine. I'd come down for the weekend and we were going out to eat.

This had become a ritual, mainly because I was the oldest and could drive. I had a car. Living in London at 17 and having guilty feeling parents had a few plus sides.

"Rae? Can I drive?" Margo asked and looked at me hopefully, she fluttered her long eyelashes.

Casting a glance at Demi to see if this was a good idea, she didn't look back at me so it didn't work, I tossed the keys in her direction. She caught them easily and smiled at me happily.