Chapter 7

"Fuc-" Luke looks at me, lip ring tugged under his teeth, a move that used to drive me wild, but now just reminds me of why exactly he got the damned thing, a flashback to being 18 and in love.

"What the hell, Luke? What in the fuck possessed you to sing that song? It's been one day and you have to sing that song, do you even realize what that song meant?" I get right to it, still pissed.

“What? Did my singing a song bother you?”

“Hell yes, it did. Are you trying to hurt me? Its been a day, have I really offended you that much?” There’s a lump building in my throat that the rage just won’t quell. How did we end up here?

"It's been two years, what do you expect from me?" Luke retaliates, looking like he'd rather be anywhere but here.

Well, I don't exactly want to be here either, being reminded that somehow I had fucked up enough those 2 years ago to cause Luke to leave and never look back. Douche waffle.

"I expect absolutely nothing, because that's all I've gotten for the last two years. I take that back, I expect you to not shit over everything I love." I snap back, already raising my voice. The driver drives a bit faster, as if he wants us anywhere but in the back of his car, hashing out our issues. To be fair, we shouldn't really be doing this here, in front of anyone. I didn't want to be doing this period. Luke didn't know what to say to me, and I don't know what to say to him either. We're two broken pieces that don't fit together anymore, a mirror thrown to the ground and shattered.

"I think Niall would be pissed if I shit on him."

"What? What does Niall have to do with anything? Don't pull that card, acting like a jealous little bit-"

"Definitely not jealous, I have no reason to be." Luke drawls lazily, eyeing me up and down.

Ouch. I shouldn't have said that, Luke still knows where to hit me to hurt the most- the way I feel about him, a way that should’ve disappeared a long time ago.

"Well, I'm sorry that me showing up ruins the life you've built far away from me, but you don't need to make my life a living hell because you're pissed I’m here when you tried so hard to get away from me!"

"Is that what you think that was about? Jesus Christ, you're still as blind as you were the day I met you."

"I was blind then, I should've never even talked to you that first night. You've done nothing good to me. All I’ve gotten is heartbreak and pain and some seriously messed up memories."

Luke looks like he's about to explode, and I feel the same. God, we are so bad for each other.

The car screeches to a halt outside the hotel, the driver nodding, relieved, at us as we scramble out, still fighting.

"I didn't make any of your choices for you, Andrea, you chose me all on your own. And I remember things a bit different than you do.” Luke follows me as I stalk away.

"I didn't chose you, Lucas, you chose me, remember? And I don’t care about the way you view things. I don’t care about you at all." We're making a scene in the lobby, but I don't exactly give a damn.

"Don't give me that. Don't put this on me. Takes two to tango, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that, do not call me sweetheart, babe, baby, or honey, pet names are ridiculous, and they’re even worse coming from you. You left, you sang the song you promised me you'd never have to." I jam my finger into the elevator button with unnecessary force. Despite how often Luke and I seem to be fighting lately, we never seem to get down to anything. We run around in circles, never saying anything that means something.