SEVENTEEN

The morning of the next day, Minghao was still asleep until the ringtone of his cell phone ripped him from his sleep and he sat up so quickly that his head hit the wall.

He rubbed lightly over the aching spot before quickly reaching for his cell phone and answering the call.

"Minghao? Get ready and come outside, we'll wait here for you," he heard Junhui just say, before hanging up again and not saying any more. Confused, Minghao stood up and walked slowly to the window to look out.

In front of his house was a white car, he couldn't see the person in the driver's seat, but Joshua was sitting in the passenger's seat and Junhui in the back.

As soon as possible he got ready, dressed properly, brushed his teeth, made his hair and ran outside, while on the way he quickly grabbed his backpack, because maybe he would need money or something like that.

Arriving outside, he walked a little slower to the car and realized that Jeonghan was sitting in the driver's seat.

Since there was no room anywhere else, he sat back to Junhui and looked at everyone one after the other with a questioning look.
Where would they go now?

"Let yourself be surprised," Joshua just said and received an approving nod from the other two, while Minghao was completely confused.  But he didn't try to find anything further out, that wouldn't make any sense anyway, so he'd have to wait.

Jeonghan started the engine and drove off. There was soft music on the radio, Joshua had fallen asleep after half an hour's drive and Junhui was busy lyring Minghao some stories from his life, but there was a lot of nonsense. The older Chinese was a bit childish.

After another half hour Jeonghan drove to a parking lot and parked the car. "We're there," he told the others and everyone got out.

There were people everywhere, especially family and small groups, the whole parking lot seemed to be full. One side suddenly screamed and when Minghao looked in that direction, he saw the outline of a roller coaster.

With big eyes he looked at Junhui, who had a smile on his lips. "I thought a trip with everyone to the theme park would be a good idea," he said and was suddenly embraced by the smaller one. He seemed to like the idea.

"Come on, Jeonghan and Joshua have gone before." He took the hand of the younger one and crossed their fingers before he went with Minghao to the cash registers where the other two were already standing in line.

A few minutes later they had their tickets and entered the amusement park. Minghao looked around in amazement, in fact he had never been to a place like this before. Junhui watched him from the side, why was he so cute?

"What do we do first?" Jeonghan asked and Joshua pointed directly at a haunted house. "Let's go there first.  The queue is not that long."

So they finally found each other on the ghost train, Jeonghan and Joshua together and Junhui and Minghao.

Fortunately, the two Chinese were not very jumpy, just like the only American in the small group.
But Jeonghan was different: he was heard screaming from time to time, which made the others laugh.

After they had left the haunted house, they headed for the Ferris wheel and then a roller coaster and much more.

Half of the day was over when they took a break. Together they sat on a bench, Minghao on Junhui's lap while he ate cotton candy. They didn't care that some people looked at them strangely.

"I have an idea! How about we split up now? Me with Jeonghan and you both together? Then you could do what you want for the last two hours and don't have to pay attention to everyone's wishes." Joshua suggested and everyone agreed.
"We'll meet in two hours at the big carousel at the exit."

Then the group separated. The two older ones went to a Free Fall, while the two younger ones went to a roller coaster.

As agreed Minghao and Junhui stood after two hours at the carousel, but there was nothing to see of the other two. So they wanted to look for them, because they had to be somewhere. "Where are Joshua and Jeong-" In the middle of the sentence, Junhui broke off when he saw exactly the two together in front of the exit, kissing and ignoring the rest of the people.

Junhui had realized that something was going on between them, but he hadn't thought that far, Minghao seemed to be just as surprised.

The two waited until their best friends had separated again, then they went to them.

"Can we go?" Junhui asked and Jeonghan nodded. Again all together they went to the car and got in, this time Joshua drove because Jeonghan was much too tired.

The return journey didn't take as long as the outward journey and after three quarters of an hour Minghao was dropped off at home. Completely finished, he went straight to bed and fell asleep quickly.

The day had been beautiful, but exhausting.

Junhui had really come up with something good.