Difficult

*One Week Later*

I felt like I was being watched constantly. It wasn't like the usual media attention I would receive every once in a while because of my family name. It was unnerving. Some would say I was paranoid, such as Jax or Leo. Some would say I was going mad as my father did.

Perhaps I was. They said he was paranoid after my mother's death, constantly saying that he was going to be assassinated. Constantly saying that one of his employees was secretly working for his competitors.

I didn't like this feeling because it could either mean I was going mad or I was being watched.

Shaking my head, I turned my attention back to King, who nudged my hand from where he laid sprawled across my legs. Smiling a bit, I resumed petting him. I heard a splash and I looked up to see that Chase had dived into the ocean. Remy was closer to the shore, so he swam towards the spot Chase once was and dived in as well. Both emerged a moment later, a fish in both of their jaws. They swam towards the shore to eat, but King got up and stole the fish from them.

I sighed, my heart slightly breaking at the looks on Remy's and Chase's face as they whined and glanced at me.

Reaching towards King, I gently rested my hand on his back, trying to get him to give the two fish back to his brothers. What I didn't expect was him to turn around and nearly bite me. He would've bitten my hand if I didn't move back. He gazed at me, before turning away and running towards the ocean after his brothers, who fled after he dropped their fish.

It was only after he left that I decided to sit up straighter.

"They're wolves, Violet. They cannot be tamed."

I didn't take my eyes off of them as they splashed around in the water. "I know."

————————————————————————

"The black one came and killed my livestock."

I glanced at King, who was laying on the couch.

I sighed. "How much are they worth? I'll pay you for all of the damages he caused."

Jamie walked up to us and handed the man the money. I bid the man farewell before shutting the door and turning towards King.

"Jamie, leave us," I said, voice void of all emotion.

"As you wish, Violet." He said walking out of the room. Clearly, he noted that I wasn't in the mood for anything, especially teasing.

Gazing at King, my gaze shifted to Remy and Chase. They bowed their heads, but King merely grunted and closed his eyes.

"King." He narrowed his eyes when he opened them. "If you keep this behavior up, I'm going to confine you to this house."

Lifting his head, he began to growl.

Remy and Chase instantly got up and moved towards me, turning towards King in a defensive position.

Running my hands through there fur, they slowly relaxed.

"Strike one, King. Do you want to continue testing me?"

Please, stop being difficult.

King got up and jumped off the couch, walking towards the door and skillfully opening it. I watched as he walked off.

Damn you, King. Just listen to me for once. If you keep this up I won't be able to protect you.

It was true. If King kept this behavior up he could end up hurting a child and I would have no choice but to have him put down.

"You two won't act like this, right?" I glanced down at Remy and Chase. Chase barked in agreement, Remy nudging my hand. "I love you two. I feel like I don't say that enough." I murmured, scratching their ears. "Come on." I walked over to the door and shut it before walking upstairs with Remy and Chase following.

————————————————————————

A/N: This chapter is really boring, but I'm too lazy to add more or to fix it. It also may have grammatical errors, but once again, I'm too lazy to go back and fix them.

I still hope you enjoyed the chapter!