Chapter 5: Seventh Grade

Alexis was sitting at home bored to death watching throwback episodes of Martin. She had no friends because she didn't want to attend school but after awhile, her opinion started to change. Her whole life was based on killing and that's all she thought about but was this life really for her? As thoughts roamed through her head, Alex walked through the door. "Hey beautiful," Alex said. "Hey Daddy," Alexis replied. "What you been doing all day?" Alex asked. "Nothing really except bored as ever, Daddy I think I wanna go back to school." Alex looked at Alexis with an raised eyebrow and asked, "are you sure?" "Yes Daddy I'm sure." Alexis replied. "Alright we'll enroll you in tomorrow but don't play games with me Alexis if you go to school your graduating." Alex said. "Okay Daddy," Alexis replied. Alex went to shower while Alexis continued watching Martin. It was a quarter till midnight and Alexis fell asleep. The next morning she woke up with a smile on her face ready to get enrolled into the 7th grade. As they pulled up, Alexis read 'Harbor Heights Middle School' on the front of the school. It had been so long since she had stepped foot in a school, so the feeling sent butterflies through her stomach. "Hi my name is Alex Smith and I'm here to enroll my daughter into the 7th grade." Without saying a word the old white woman handed over registration forms to Alex and continued typing in her laptop. "Well that was rude." Alexis said. Alex filled out the registration forms and handed them back to the mean white lady. "School starts monday and don't be late," the old white lady said in her cigarette smoking voice. Alex and Alexis walked out of the school and made their way to the mall. The ride was silent the whole way so Alexis decided to break it. "Daddy you know I need a book-bag right?" Alexis asked Alex. "Yeah but would you rather have a book-bag from Walmart or Gucci?" Alex asked. "Gucci of course." Alexis stated. "I thought you would." Alex said as he pulled up to the mall and parked the car. He couldn't help but smile at Alexis because he was proud that she was doing something positive with her life. He felt that he failed her as a father for letting her become a young criminal. So his feelings were changing about his daughter's passion for killing as well. It seemed like Alexis shopped for hours as Alex held all of her bags but he didn't have a problem with it because he made sure she got whatever she wanted. Alexis was done shopping so they made their way home. They were riding in the car and Alex started to speak. "Alexis I've led you down the wrong path in the worst way. I let you commit a sin that should have only been committed by me and for that God will make me pay for it later on in life. Babygirl I'm sorry and I know your mom would've hated me for what I did. But I'm very proud that you decided to go back to school. I wanna see you go far in life and get out of Jersey even if you just cross the bridge and live a life in New York, do it for your family and become successful. I love you Alexis and if anything ever happen to me make sure you stay strong for me and your mother." Alexis smiled with a tear rolling down her left cheek and said, "I love you too Daddy but I don't think killing is for me." "I feel the same way." Alex said. "So no more killing?" Alex asked. Alexis simply replied, "no more killing."

***

The first day of school

Alexis walked into her new school nervous as ever. She could feel boys staring at her and girls giving her stank looks so she gave them right back. Keisha once told her how girls could be envious and fake now but so called "friends" later. So Alexis loved to be hated on. She loved attention because she liked making girls feel threatened by her presence. So after thinking about what Keisha taught her she just rolled her eyes and flipped her long hair walking like she was the queen of the school. She sat in the back of her class and a light-skin girl with green eyes who looked twice her age spoke to her, "Hi I'm Trinity." She said with a smile. "Hi I'm Alexis." Alexis replied with a slight smile looking her up and down. "Nice to meet you where come from?" Trinity asked. "I moved here from Atlanta," Alexis said lying not wanting to let Trinity know her business. "Well if you ever wanna chill I'll be around." Trinity said then walked off and sat in her desk. Two classes had passed and Alexis went to lunch. She sat by herself until Trinity and her three friends came and sat with her. "Alexis this is squad, this is Jada." Who sat on the right of her, Jada was brown skin with brown eyes and long jet black hair. "This Aaliyah and that's Jasmine." They all spoke to each other. Aaliyah was light skin with long hair and Jasmine had the same features but taller. They all talked at lunch and got to know Alexis. Trinity and her friends were cool and Alexis had made her some new friends. When she got home Alex was in the kitchen cooking steak. "Hey baby how was school?" Alex asked. "It was good I made some new friends." Alexis said smiling. "That's good you want steak tonight?" Alex asked. "Yeah that'll be fine." Alexis said.

The next couple of months, Alexis and Trinity had gotten super close. They could relate to each other's problems. Trinity had lost her mother only at the age of five due to her having cancer so Trinity grew up without a mother as well. The whole squad was sitting at lunch when a group of girls came mugging them all, Alexis stood up ready to pop off at any given time and said, "Is there a problem?" One girl with dookie braids looked at Alexis like she was crazy and said, "and if there is?" "Then we can handle it like some G's." Trinity said standing up taking her ear rings off. Then at that moment the whole squad stood up wrapping their hair in ponytails. The group of girls started popping off at the mouth and before you knew it, Alexis had lost it and started punching the girl several times in the face causing everybody else to start fighting making the whole cafeteria erupt in pandemonium surrounding a circle around the girls fighting. Teachers broke up the fight and the other group of girls got up looking stupid while Alexis and her squad was laughing. The principle ordered them to come to his office but instead they walked to the bathroom to clean themselves up. "Girl you really got a right hook." Trinity said to Alexis. "I know my Dad taught me how to fight but thanks for having my back." Alexis said. "Girl no problem I wasn't bout to let you get jumped or nun like that." Trinity said. "Thanks." Alexis said. "Oh yeah thanks squad," Alexis said speaking to everybody this time. "No doubt." They all said at one time. "Yo on the real though I thought Jasmine was losing." Aaliyah said in her thick New York accent making everybody laugh. "Girl whatever you just mad cause that girl caught you with a good one." Jasmine said with an attitude. "Jada why you so quiet?" Alexis asked. "I don't know I'm just thinking like what if they come back for us?" Jada asked half scared. "If they do we gone give 'em these hands again." Alexis said making her statement clear. "Aww Jada scared." Aaliyah said in a baby voice with her lip poked out. "Chill out Aaliyah you know Jada not used to stuff like this." Jasmine said to Aaliyah. They all walked out of the bathroom to the principle standing in front of the bathroom with write ups and suspension papers in his hand. Squad just looked at him and walked off. Alexis got home and saw that Alex left her a note. Alexis I have a meeting tonight so I'll get a room downtown I'll be home in the morning so just chill out and relax you can invite your friends over and I'll drop ya'll off at the mall tomorrow but don't mess up my house or we gone have some problems. You know where the gats are so you'll be safe but call me just in case. Love you beautiful.

P.S.

Rip this letter into pieces.