Four

"Looks like you had fun." I said, glancing at him as he leaned his against the headrest.

He shrugged, his eyes still closed. "It was lowkey boring."

I laughed.

"I'm serious." He said, looking up. "All they did was drink."

"Isn't that the point?" I asked, confused.

He shrugged.

A few minutes later, we were at my apartment. He stepped out of the car, slightly dizzy. I walked towards him, trying to help him, but he tripped on the curb and fell. He lay on the pavement in the dark, and I couldn't stop laughing. At first, he groaned in pain, gripping the side of his leg, but when he saw me laughing, he couldn't stop himself. We sat on the pavement for a few minutes, trying not to laugh.

"Yo it hurts." He complained.

I stood up slowly, still laughing a little, and pulled him up. We climbed the stairs slowly, making sure he wouldn't fall again.

Finally, another 15 minutes later, we were inside. He crashed onto my bed as soon as we walked in. Pulling the blanket over his legs, he closed his eyes and fell asleep. I sighed. A moment later he woke up again, walking towards me in the living room. I was sitting on the sofa, texting Edwin to let him know that Zion would be staying at mine for the night.

I looked up. "Do you want water?"

He nodded, rubbing his eyes, standing still. I put the blanket aside and walked across room to the kitchen. I filled it with water and turned around to take it to him, but he was standing right behind me. I bumped into him, water spilling onto his hoodie.

"Oh damn." He laughed.

"I didn't know you were there."

I grabbed a tissue and handed it to him. He tried to wipe it away, still laughing.

"It's not gonna come off," I said. "It's water."

He mumbled something to himself, then in frustration, he took it off. Flinging his hoodie across the room, he took the remaining glass of water and walked to the sofa. He lay there, wearing only jeans, and began to fall asleep.

"What the hell." I sighed, putting the blanket on top of him.

Just as I was about to walk away, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto the sofa. I sat beside him, waiting for him to speak.

"You saw the video." He spoke softly.

"Yeah."

"She's still not my type."

I laughed. "Yeah, okay."

"You gotta believe me." He said slowly, his eyes still closed.

"Why."

"Because my type is sitting right next to me."

I didn't say anything. He's drunk, I said in my head. It doesn't mean anything. I looked down; his hand was still holding onto my wrist. I tried to push his hand away, but he held his grip.

"My type is you, Bella." He mumbled, then let go.

I stood up, walking away. My heart was beating out of my chest; the type of nerves that you get just before taking an important test, not the kind of excitement when you realize the person you have feelings for also feels the same about you. I was scared, and I didn't know why.