Six

We could hear the music booming from a block away. As we drove closer, screams and laughter were mixed in with the rest of the noise. Some people began to chant as we walked towards the door. As soon as we walked in, people began to yell and crowd towards us. Leeza instantly became more timid when she saw everyone there. She fell silent, and her arms dropped by her side. I grabbed her hand for reassurance, and pulled us through the crowd.

At the back, all the guys were sitting at a table, playing a spin-the-bottle version of dares. Nick and Zion held a bottle of Corona in their hands, laughing while watching the bottle spin. Leeza walked up to Zion, hugging him from the back. He seemed to gently shake her off, but he pulled up a chair next to him for her to sit. He turned around, our eyes met, he smiled and waved me over. I stood next to him, my arm resting on his shoulder.

A few moments later, another guy walked towards me, his hand sliding around my waist. I turned to look at him. Cute. He smiled and asked for my name. Zion looked up, watching as I made small talk. He looked at the guy, then at me, took a drink from his bottle, then continued to watch.

"Do you wanna go somewhere quieter?" The guy laughed, pointing at the crowd of screams and laughter.

"Uh," I smiled. "Yeah, sure."

Zion grabbed my arm just as I was about to leave. "Are you sure?"

Confused, I nodded, and gently pulled my arm away. He watched as I walked upstairs with the guy. Leeza stayed beside him, her hand resting on his arm.

We walked to a bedroom. At least six posters of football players surrounded the walls, the desk was covered in paper, and there were clothes all over the floor. He grabbed my waist and pushed his lips against mine. I didn't resist. He lay me on the bed, gently, but before he could do anything else, I pushed him away.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I don't think I'm up for that right now."

"Oh." He stood up. "Okay."

Just as I was about to stand up next to him, someone came busting through the door. I couldn't make out who it was, at first, but as they came closer, I realized. It was Zion. He grabbed the guy by the shoulders and pushed him away, sending him crashing against the wall.

"Hey!" I yelled, pulling Zion back.

He lunged for the guy, but Leeza and I held him back. A moment later, Nick and Edwin came running in, grabbing Zion's arm and pulling him away and out of the bedroom.

"Don't touch her." He said, almost threatening the guy.

I watched as they pulled him out of the room, stumbling around as Zion tried to force them let go. I walked over to the guy and helped him up, apologizing. He brushed me off and left the room, confused. I sighed and sunk onto the bed. What the hell.

Downstairs, Edwin had taken Zion out of the house. He sat by himself on the porch steps with his head in his hands. Leeza lingered around the doorway, unsure of whether she should go out and stay with him or not. I walked downstairs and headed to where Zion was. Leeza grabbed my arm before I stepped out the door.

"I don't think he wants to see anyone right now." She frowned.

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'll be right back."

She let go and watched as I walked out and sat next to him on the steps.