Twelve

We woke up in the same position, our fingers still linked together. I gently let go, pulling the blanket away and stepping over all the boys to go to the bathroom. I pulled my hair into a bun, splashed some water on my face, and opened the door. Zion stood there with a tired smile, his eyes still half-closed. I jumped a little, startled. He laughed, kissed my forehead, and walked in. I started to walk out, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Zion..."

He laughed. "What?"

I shook my head with a slight smile.

"Date me." He said softly.

"I can't."

He sighed. "I don't understand. Why? Because of Leeza? Forget her."

"She's my best friend," I said. "I'd be a bitch to do that to her."

He shrugged. "Who cares? I'm your best friend too. You can't do that to me."

I laughed. "I'm serious."

"So am I."

I paused. "I can't."

He let go of my waist with a slight frown. "Fine."

"Hey," I said, lifting his head up with my finger. "I'm really sorry."

"I gotta pee."

I sighed and walked out. Everyone else was still sleeping. After picking up the rest of my stuff from the living room, I quietly opened the door and walked out, breathing in the fresh air. It was early, so everything was quiet, and nothing around me seemed to be moving. The cars, the trees, the flowers. Everything was still.

My phone rang.

"Bella?" It was Leeza.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Can you come over?'

I said I'd be there in a few minutes and hung up. Fifteen minutes after calling my Uber, I was walking towards her door. She opened it seconds after I knocked with a smile on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking in.

She nodded. "I have a plan."

We went up to her bedroom, crashing down onto the pile of pillows and cushions on her bed. I grabbed a fluffy blanket from the floor and pulled it over myself, snuggling down in between Leeza and the wall.

"I know how I can get him to like me."

My heart dropped a little. "Zion?"

She nodded with an eager smile. "The management team for the group hired my mom to do the drinks and food arrangement and delivery for their end-of-tour afterparty."

"Okay..." I said quietly.

"She said I could go along and help her." She said. "So I can go, deliver them, stay at the party, see Zion, talk to him for a little and show him I'm not a hoe."

I laughed. "Who said you're a hoe?"

She shrugged. "Some guys told him, apparently. I don't know. But point is, I'll see him at the party, and maybe he'll realize I'm not that bad."

I nodded slowly. "I guess."

She frowned. "You don't think it'll work."

I sighed. "Well, I mean, what if he's with another girl already? He'll probably be drunk and whatever, and there's tons of girls that are invited to the party."

She lay down next to me. "I don't know... My original plan probably won't work anyway. Whatever. I'll just see what happens."

I nodded with a soft laugh.