Coronation Day

Today is the day.

They're finally opening up the gates.

I look out of the window, taking in a deep breath to try and reassure myself.

Don't let them in.

Don't let them see.

I turn away from the window, walking to the picture of my Father, remembering what he taught me.

Be the good girl you always have to be.

I take off my gloves, trying to practice holding the ornaments.

Conceal.

Pick up the ornaments Elsa, remember the mantra.

Don't feel.

I am in control.

Put on a show. Make one wrong move and everyone will know.

I tell myself but then begin to panic knowing that I can't let people know. Ice quickly starts spreading up the ornaments and quickly I place them down.

But it's only for today.

I look at my hands, I can conceal this for just one day. I slip back on my gloves, heading to the door and throwing them open.

Tell the guards to open up the gates.

I repeat my preparation, heading down the long corridor, slowly getting closer to my fate. You've had 1 and a half years to prepare Elsa you'll do fine, I reassure myself. I take a deep breath, and open the balcony door, stepping out and looking down on the townspeople. I try to search the crowd for the familiar brown hair, disappointed when I don't see it but not surprised. I'd be shocked if he'd be here after a year and a half of not seeing me, of me just upping and leaving him but I couldn't leave. Maybe one day he'll understand that I did it to protect him but I have to focus on becoming queen, that's top importance today, and I can't let anything distract me.

"Please make your way inside, the Coronation is going to start shortly." The announcer states after blowing the horn, to signifying the commence of the coronation. It's time.

I turn away from the balcony, waiting in the wings until the announcer announces my entrance. I see a crowd of people flood into the room, my nerves slowly building in. In the crowd I see the flicker of the familiar ginger hair, knowing immediately who that belongs to, my heart filling with guilt knowing I haven't been a good sister over these past years. It's still nice to see her even if I still have to remain my distance.

The choir starts and I know that's my queue, the doors open and I head in. All eyes turn to me, but I keep my tall posture as I walk slowly and gracefully down the aisle and towards my destined fate, towards being queen. I am relieved when I finally stop at the end of the aisle, guilt filling me as my eyes flicker to Anna who is stood by me. She looks so beautiful and so grown up, I just wished I could of witnessed it by her side. 

The priest takes the crown and I bow down so that it can be placed on my head before he turns around to collect the ornaments that I have so dreadfully been awaiting. The pillow is placed in front of me and I reach out to grasp them before a cough stops me. Hesitantly, I take off my gloves, knowing that the cough indicated such, and I pick up the ornaments, turning tot he crowd and trying not to let panic take over me. They stand up and the priests final words announcing me as queen immediately fills me with a sense of relief, quickly turning round to put the ornaments back and slip on my gloves. It's finally over.

Walking out of the room I head towards the ballroom, conscious of the flurry of people following me, commencing the beginning of the party. I avoid the commotion and just had towards the stairs, standing and watching over.