CH-1 Ground Rules

"Why do WE have to be the one to do this ?" RM asked more frustrated than confused. It was early morning the boys had to get to practice but instead they were sitting in meeting room-03 with Bang-PD and their manager. "Look it's a simple job, all you have to do is show how you live with them in the same house, produce music and have a comeback" the manager replied. "Simple? Really hyung? It's a whole damn comeback that too with people we don't even know" RM retorted. "It will be great publicity, you guys will be even more popular" the manager replied in a hurried tone. "We are BTS we don't need more popularity hyung, can't we just focus on our music?" this was Suga. RM turned to Bang-PD sitting in front of him "C'mon PDnim it's just not worth it". Bang-PD was sitting with his arms crossed, even he wasn't completely for it. The boys were on top of the game they didn't need this stuff bogging them down but he couldn't do anything. He was bound, he remembered the other night when Jo Kwon had come to meet him.
                   "You do know you owe us big time don't you Mr Bang Hyun Sik, we saved your ass from JYP when it counted. Now it's your turn to" help" us out. You wouldn't want our "buisness" relationships to be hurt do you?" Jo Kwon had become the right hand of the CEO of CUBE so Bang PD knew he was speaking with the will of the whole bureaucracy behind him. They had him in a choke hold.
                           " Look, you are the top right now but for how long huh? I need to think about that too. EXO and SM are always on our tail and the newer groups are catching up, plus we have TXT to look after now. Just do it show the people that you are generous kings helping and uplifting others, don't forget you are still not over your 7-year curse" Bang-PD said looking up at all of them. The talk of the 7-year curse silenced the whole room for a moment. RM stood up "But PDnim...", "NO BUTS! you are doing this and it's final, I am your CEO I take the decisions here or have you forgotten in all your stardom that you have signed a contract with me! You will do what I say! And with whoever I say!", Bang-PD's face turned red. Jimin was reminded of his trainee days, ever since then " the contract" had loomed over their head in every decision they took whether they like it or not, nothing had changed they were slaves then and they were slaves now.
        With the descision made Bang-PD left the room mumbling to himself "after all I have done for them, they can't even do one thing for my sake.. ". The boys quietly moved to the practice room aswell.
                                         A phone call disturbed Jo Kwon in his studio. "Hello?... Oh, Bang-shi.... so do I consider the work from your side done?..... Hmmm, let's meet tomorrow at CUBE Office in Seongdong-gu...... Yes, bring the boys too... Yeah, I'll bring the others...at 10?. OK." Now that the hard part was over it was time for Jo Kwon to take action.
                       It was afternoon when he reached CLC's dorm. The girls were polite as always. He sat down on the couch with the seven of them huddled on the floor in front of him. "I know you guys have been stuck here, I know you are frustrated but I have some good news for you", the girls' eyes lit up as they heard him say that. The expressions changed from joy to confusion on the faces in front of Jo Kwon as he continued to explain everything to them. "But oppa are you sure this thing will work" Seungyeon asked. "Oppa's had to pull some big strings but yes we will make it happen", Jo Kwon assured them. "But oppa we don't even know them, what if our music isn't good or our..." Seunghee was interrupted by Jo Kwon who was visibly irritated "Look anything right now will not make your situation any worse than it already is. Better this than disbandment" "What oppa said is right, this may be the only chance left for us", Sorn said as all of them nodded their head in approval. "Okay then we will have a meeting with their staff tomorrow at 10 you all have to come too," Jo Kwon said as he was leaving.
                       'It was time to begin the game' he thought to himself as he drove away.
                       It was around 9 the next day BTS's manager was waiting near the van so they could leave. As they reached the CUBE Ent. building they took a sharp left to get to the basement entrance. Once inside they were escorted to the meeting room and seated. 5 minutes later the other group walked in bowing to them and BTS stood up and bowed in return. It was the first time CLC & BTS were face to face. As Jo Kwon walked in Jhope gave him a smile and he smiled back. As the meeting went on they were handed their contracts:
They were to move into a dorm together, live together for a few months, produce a full album as a single group and document the whole thing.
The terms and conditions were pretty standard Yujin thought, no dating each other, all rights to the companies, confirmation that you are just a worker for them. RM smiled as he signed the contract thinking about the line "you are to act as close friends while on broadcast ". After they signed they signed the contract they were left alone on the meeting room to talk. While outside Bang-PD asked Jo Kwon why he did all this, "Just consider this my pet project" he replied smiling, as he looked inside and saw Jungkook trying to hold Yeeun's hand.