Part three: Frustrations and relief

Jonathan POV

Five days, it has been five long freaking days since she ran off. The pack was getting very restless and was practically begging to be let out into the woods to run. I can't help them, Alpha's command is absolute. I have only been able to break through her command this morning.

I might thank my power as a beta. A normal pack member wouldn't be able to break an alpha's command. Her being this strong at such a young age is scaring me. Just imagine the power she'll possess as she grows and matures.

It was 5 in the morning when I broke through her command. I was dreaming that i had to go through a wall to get to my mate, which i did. The moment i woke up and saw my mate was okay i knew i had broken thought Maya's command. I didn't even bother pulling on any clothes. I just ran down the stairs threw open the front door and ran out into the forest.

I've been trying to find her all day long and it's getting close to supper time. I couldn't find anything, no scent, no sounds, no tracks. Everything was washed away by the rain that had been pouring down from the sky only a few hours after she ran off.

I was currently sitting on her chair in her office, which I do a lot since I still help her with the majority of the finances and paperwork. I sigh and try to concentrate on some of the paperworks I still had to do. It took me a whole minute to realise that it wasn't going to work. I throw the pen I was holding onto the desk in frustration and lean back in the big bureau chair. The sound of the rain on the window behind me was the only thing relaxing my mind.

When she ran off and I went to her office I saw she had broken the heavy, hard wooden desk. How she did it, I don't know. I've seen her father slamming his fists on it in blind rage but it never even made a cracking sound. Luckely we had a spare desk in the attic so I had it moved down.

I sat there for a couple of minutes trying to get my train of thoughts when I felt it. I felt the presence of my alpha nearing the packhouse. I ran out off the office and saw my mate Dalia already heading toward me. I stop her and quickly run to the living room calming down the pack as they feel their alpha coming closer.

Somthing was off about the feeling, I looked through the curtains of a window and saw a group off guys walking toward the packhouse and in the arms of one of them was my unconscious alpha. My wolf immediatly came to the front. He was angry that they had our alpha while she was in such vulnerable position. I took a deep breath trying to stay calm. I have to protect her and the pack at all costs.

Everyone listen up and do as I say, Alpha is in danger so when these men come up to the house only Dalia is to come to the front door. Dalia make sure to address her as Maya, not alpha. Call me sir and try to see me as your alpha untill I can get these men out of our lands. Alpha's safety is top priority!” I quickly informed the pack and ran to the front door.

I threw open the front door and was confused at the sight of a young male clinging to the unconscious body of my alpha. I snapped out of it and started to growl. I walked over to them cautiously.

“Give her to me now.” I growled and got closer.

The young male started to growl and held Maya closer to his body. I stopped in my tracks when the person I assumed to be Alpha Range of the Storm pack spoke up.

“Alpha Jonathan Hall?” He asked and I took a defensive position and gave a quick nob not taking my eyes of Maya. “I am Alpha Patrick Range from the Storm pack. You were expecting us. While we were on our way my son” He quickly looked to the young male holding Maya. He took a deep breath before he continued.

“My son Lucas found one of your pack members out cold in the forest as we were making our way here.” He looked over to his son widening his eyes and moving his head toward me gesturing for him to give Maya to me.