Part four: Visions

Maya's POV

Silence...

Darkness...

It was all around me,

surrounding me,

consuming me.

I lifted hand and looked at it. But I didn't see anything. No hand no fingers, I didn't even see my nose. I was in complete darkness. Are my eyes even open? I don't know.

A moment later the silence got broken. A lone howl echo'd threw the darkness. A howl I had grown very familiar with when I was but a child. Father's strong but sad howl.

The darkness started to fade untill a dark forest appeared, I only saw the sillouettes of the trees and leaves. I looked up and saw the full moon shining down on the forest. I noticed I could see my nose, I looked down and saw my naked body. I looked around the forest trying to figure out where I was.

A howl yet again echo'd through the forest. Yet again, I recognised it as my father's howl. Just now I realised I heard my father, it hadn't sunk into me yet.

“Father...” my voice cracked and didn't sound louder than a whisper. I could see my breath in the air, was it cold out here? It's not affecting my body, just my breath. I wonder if my body emits heath as well.

I moved my left foot and took a step. Somehow I wanted it to happen but I didn't feel like I was actually moving. I moved my right foor and put it infront of my left foot taking another step. Yet I had this weird sensation. I shoved it aside and took another step, and another untill I was running.

Trees passed by me they looked vaguely familiar yet I couldn't put my finger on it. I stopped running when I found myself infront of a small river that was running throught the forest.

'A river...'

I looked to my left and saw a small waterfall that was coming from a small hill. I knew this place, it was the same river as the one from my pack territory.

A loud howl full off sorrow and remorse filled my ears. He was close, my father was so close.

'The hill... my parents grave.'

I ran up to the waterfall and ran up the side of the small hill and stopped in my tracks when I saw it.

A man with silver hair. He was wearing a jeans and a black shirt. I looked down and saw he wasn't wearing any shoes. His head was down as he carried somthing in his arms. I could make out a soft pink blanket in his arms.

'What's this all about?' I frowned.

I wanted to take a step closer but was frozen in place. Damn it body! Move! My eyes shot up when he spoke.

“I, Marcus Aventus Quin Alpha of Cyadon pack am here to greet you one last time.”

'Greet you one last time? What? No this can't be, who...?'

That's when I saw one of his right arm move and his body turned enough for me to see what he was holding as he carrassed the pale little body. He was holding a baby.

Tears started forming in my eyes and I had no idea why. I couldn't stop the tears that were falling down my cheeks. I wanted to faint, I wanted to scream at what he said next.

“Yemaya Quin, my lovely daughter. You had to depart from us to early, to early to life your life. To early to even have a chance.” His voice was cracking and I saw tears rolling down his cheeks. He turned his body a bit more and I wanted to cry even more than I already was.